Why so hard to find gas station cappuccino calories?

Options
I can find some, like from Circle K, 7 Eleven, etc...but even then sometimes it takes a lot of digging. It's a PAIN. And of course I've picked up the habit of swinging by the gas station at 4am on my way to work to get a high energy vanilla cappuccino because well...that is what I wanted for breakfast and I've been running on fumes for the past week working double my normal hours, without a day off.

Chevron's gas station, Extra Mile, has high energy french vanilla cappuccino. I used to get Circle K's Pumpkin Spice [I know the calorie count for that], but then I started on Banana Nut [cannot find a "true" nutrition guide for that, just guestimates on other sites]

What do I do? Call the company? Even the company selling the product in bulk doesn't have hte nutritional info on their site.

I pride myself on my ability to find almost anything on google, and I'm coming up with nothing! :cry:

Replies

• fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I don't want to be rude...but they're usually packed with sugar. I know they taste good, but you're honestly better off getting a coffee...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Just use one of the other flavored coffees' numbers.

It's a wash. 400 cals of empty sugar.
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be rude...but they're usually packed with sugar. I know they taste good, but you're honestly better off getting a coffee...

Agreeing with fsugirl on this one.

Why is is so hard? BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T DRINK THEM!

how's that, and yes I was yelling.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I know it isn't the best choice for me, but that wasn't my question. I've been working my *kitten* off at work, at the gym, and riding my own horses. Doubling my work load is doubling my calories burnt, so I'm not too worried about gaining weight from these. I just like to keep track of everything so I want to know the nutritional info.
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    I have those sometimes too, and have kind of guessed at calories also. I think calling the company might be your best bet - which is annoying! Why is it a secret?
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Try to look for the "brand" of cappuccino that is named on the actual machine or cups and not from the store where it is purchased. I can find the one from our local store in the database but I don't stop there anymore for it. Found out how many calories were in just one 16oz cup and that was enough for me to stop cold turkey! LOL
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    Here I thought the point of this was tracking a food correctly it not a critique of the food choice.... I work 7 days a week and two of those are hard labor, damn right I'm gonna have a red bull here and there when I switch from work 5pm-1am to 7am-4pm - I'm trying to prevent a mass homicide!

Good luck finding it :):):)
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Okay. I shouldn't have yelled.
    They certainly aren't the "healthiest" choice, but considering I ate an 1100 calorie burger and fries yesterday, I'm hardly one to talk.

I'd just use a similar tasting concoction from another store where you do know the calories.

And enjoy. And you look great.
  • littlemissanguissette
    Options
    I found the brand name and searched their website. I'm going to just send them an e-mail, and if I get thoroughly annoyed enough I will end up calling them. I usually just count it as Circle K's Pumpkin Spice, and add about 4 more ounces than I really get just to be SURE I am not underestimating.

I know they're loaded with empty calories and sugars, I just want the information so I can write it down. I don't work a desk job, and I eat pretty healthy 99% of the time so I am allowed my vice.
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Because they are born from evil.

Or because the company doesn't give a hoot, they're just interested in making something sweet and hot that will sell.

Try calling them though.
  • littlemissanguissette
    Options
    Okay. I shouldn't have yelled.
    They certainly aren't the "healthiest" choice, but considering I ate an 1100 calorie burger and fries yesterday, I'm hardly one to talk.

I'd just use a similar tasting concoction from another store where you do know the calories.

And enjoy. And you look great.

Been there...for a while I was on a Carl's Jr Breakfast Burger kick...I had to double my gym time to work THOSE things off! Eeesh.

Once I go back to regular hours I will quit, but right now it helps keep me sane. :D

And thank you. :)
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I found the brand name and searched their website. I'm going to just send them an e-mail, and if I get thoroughly annoyed enough I will end up calling them. I usually just count it as Circle K's Pumpkin Spice, and add about 4 more ounces than I really get just to be SURE I am not underestimating.

I know they're loaded with empty calories and sugars, I just want the information so I can write it down. I don't work a desk job, and I eat pretty healthy 99% of the time so I am allowed my vice.

Did you try doing a Google search for the nutritional info? If you want to share the brand and flavor, I can see if I can dig something up for you?
  • littlemissanguissette
    Options

Did you try doing a Google search for the nutritional info? If you want to share the brand and flavor, I can see if I can dig something up for you?

It's Van Houttee brand, and I can find some nutritional info for their coffees, but not the cappuccinos themselves. I spent over an hour on google.
  • ashleyncollege
    ashleyncollege Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't found any 16oz of French vanilla over 390, sio I'd just estimate, it seems impossible. And why doesn't the van houtte website have this info like everyone else. The average I've seen is about 350. And for all those *kitten* holes talkin crap for you drinking this, screw them. Like they don't have guilty pleasures? Keep up the good work.