Healthy Fats?

Options
SCPSL05
SCPSL05 Posts: 42 Member
If I'm eating almonds, olive oil and avocado is it still bad to go over the daily fat allowance? Will I lose weight eating that stuff if I stay on track with calories but go over in fat? Thanks!

Replies

• DaniiWanii
    DaniiWanii Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I wanna know buuuump :)
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good question! I'm looking forward to seeing what others say!

My thought would be that, as with anything, you can definitely have too much of a good thing....
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    As long as you are maintaining a deficit you are okay. (At least this has been my experience). See how your body responds. I do better with a higher fat content and I'm more satisfied and lose weight easier. Everybody is different though. Play around and see what works for you personally...
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    And these good fats are nothing to be afraid of they are actually healthy for your heart and can h elp lower bad cholesterol. (in moderation as with everything) Also I would not be afraid of fats. it is simple sugars you need to be afraid of and simple carbs. MUCH MUCH worse for your body

Not because of any fad diets but becasue of the molecular biology of it.
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Almonds, olive oil and avocado are some of the healthiest things you could possibly eat. If these are the types of fats your eating primarily, I wouldn't worry too much about going past your fat target for the day.

It also depends very much on what you have your macro-nutrients set to. Some people keep the fat percentage really low (10% to 15% of calories from fat) while some keep it much higher (30% to 40%). It depends on what type of eating plan you're following.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Fats that you should eat are:
    Avocados
    Olive Oil
    Flaxseed Oil
    Fish Oil
    Fatty fish like Salmon
    Whole eggs
    Almonds
    Almond Butter
    Cheese
    Milk

Normally you should eat .35g to .75g of dietary fat per lb of bodyweight.
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I had to switch from low fat/high carb to 45% fat/35% protein/20% carb myself. For me, after the initial water weight loss, the scale would not budge AT ALL - and I have about 165 lbs to lose! After having my son, my body chemistry got all screwed up, and low fat is not giving me any measurable results. Now that I have incorporated more fat (and less carbs) into my diet, I am more satisfied after my meals, I have more energy, and my stomach doesn't feel as puffy. I have removed cereals, pretzels, and breads, and added eggs, peanuts (in moderation), almonds, olive oil, and I take fish oil supplements. I keep saturated fats at no more than 1/3 of total fat. I am waiting to see what the results will be when I weigh in Monday.

I hope you have great results with it... :flowerforyou:
  • SCPSL05
    SCPSL05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies! That helped a lot.