How much water do you drink a day &

Options
2»

Replies

• HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I usually drink between six and ten eight-ounce glasses of water per day.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't drink the same amount each day nor do I track it. I have a big glass on my desk at work and drink 2-3 of those with tea each day (20-something oz I think). Then I usually have a bottle of water after Zumba (12 oz, I think). I usually drink wine in the evenings and sometimes have a small glass of water during that time if I drink very much, since wine can be fairly dehydrating.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't track my water on MFP. I have two separate gallon sized jugs I fill with water each day and drink those. I drink at least 2 gallons per day =]
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I dont think I drink anywhere near enough! But I do try to take in plenty of fluids, usually in the form of tea, juice, milk etc. I dont believe it has to be water and water only, all fluids count. I think I probably take in around 1L, and I would guess this to be mostly tea.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I usually drink 20-24 cups a day. Sometimes more. I use one of the 3 cup water bottles by Contigo and usually have one bottle before work, 3-4 while at work, then 1-2 in the evening.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    10-12 cups a day.. my goal is around 100 ounces of water a day.
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a mas (beer mug from Oktoberfest) that I drink water from, which holds over a liter, I drink 2-3 of those each day at work, which puts me over the 8 cups of water a day. Whatever I drink at home is just a bonus.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I drink about 6 to 9 16.9fl oz. a day some times more. I am trying to drink more and less of coffee and tea. I do not drink soft drinks.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Because of my TOM, I lowered it to 11 cups a day, but generally it's 14-15 cups on average.
  • diamondigrl
    Options
    Thanks guys this helps me a lot!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Days I don't workout, usually 8-12. Days I do workout, 16-30.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I generally down 2-3 cups at the sink in morning when I get up. This is all my stomach can physically hold in the morning. I will down another cup before I walk to work. When I get to work, I will drink 2 cups and then have a cup of coffee. I drink a cup of water between each of my classes (hopping like a bunny and singing can take a lot out of you). I have another cup of coffee about 20 mins after I finish my lunch as well.

I drink a cup of water before I walk home. I drink a cup of water when I get home. I sip water throughout the night. I drink a cup before my run. I drink 2 cups after my run. I will drink more if I feel thirsty.

So, not including coffee or tea, I drink roughly 12-15 cups of plain water a day. I don't really count. I just stand at the sink and drink until my stomach is inflated.