gaining from exercise

Options
Ok - I've been doing - ok w/ calories - yea I could do better but I have not been horrible

well

I WI this morning and I am up EIGHT LBS from last week

its depressing

<-- not in a good mood today b/c of it

Replies

• AtlantisFish
    Options
    Ok - I've been doing - ok w/ calories - yea I could do better but I have not been horrible

well

I WI this morning and I am up EIGHT LBS from last week

its depressing

<-- not in a good mood today b/c of it
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Are you perhaps retaining water (premenstrual)? That does sound like alot for not going off your schedule "to bad"...

Hope this week is much better for you:flowerforyou:

~Roni
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    yeouch! And I was upset about being up 2 pounds. Exercise can def cause a weight gain, although 8 pounds in one week sounds like a bit much. Do you weigh at the same time every day, wearing the same/or similiar things (I weigh first thing, in the morning in the buff). How bout time of month? As a woman I generally go up between 2 and 5 pounds during that week due to water retention. Did ya eat alot of salt? That'll cause water gain too, or are ya *ahem* clogged. :) Those are some of the things I can think of, good luck! And hopefully it's just temporary and you'll have an 8lb+ loss this upcoming week :)
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    To truly "gain" 8 pounds, you would have had to over eat by 28,000 calories. Unless you did that, than at least some of it is from water/fluid retention or due to glycogen issues (body storing up carbs to restore depleted energy stores). Also, if you're using this site (or any website) for your exercise calories, you could be over estimating.