Age discrimination??

Options
Hi, hope this doesn't sound too crazy but I feel younger people get more help and info than older ones, like me...I have offered suggestions and asked some questions, some were answered but lots wern't and I just wondered, cause after all we are all in this together no matter our age, right?

Replies

• RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    I doubt it has anything to do with age. and more to do with wether or not the ppl looking at the post are able to answer whats being asked. I know I read some posts, and don't answer. but I never base my choice on to answer or not, on the age of the person asking.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, feel better already..
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I believe that topics are posted so rapidly on MFP sometimes that some posts go unnoticed, regardless of age or gender. Don't take it personally. I am 50 & have found the people here to be pretty accepting. If you don't a great response, re-post it. :flowerforyou:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It is possible that younger persons may not know for sure if there are adjustments to the standard principles related to age. It is also possible that some younger persons don't feel as though they relate as well to older persons (are they in for a big surprise when the day comes and THEY are the ones who are older).

It is natural I think, for people to look for people who are in a similar situation to them. For example, I have over a hundred pounds to lose - I don't really feel much of a connection to the people who are here to drop 15 pounds so they'll look fabulous in their bikini. I wouldn't intentionally discriminate, but I would be less inclined to respond to someone in that situation. That makes it rough for those who are older because statistically, the pool of technologically savvy persons is a little more shallow as you move up in age. I wouldn't take it personally though.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    It's not age because you can't see a persons age when posting. It has to do with timing and what the topic is about. The message boards get flooded and your topic can get pushed back pretty quick. Don't take offense I think everybody has had a topic with few responses I know I have.
  • Aloxander
    Aloxander Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Don't take offense I think everybody has had a topic with few responses I know I have.
    [/quote]

So have I, but don't get discouraged. I feel that the more you participate the more feedback you will receive.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL RESSPONSES. MAYBE FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF, HAD A BAD DAY.