Age discrimination??

Options
Hi, hope this doesn't sound too crazy but I feel younger people get more help and info than older ones, like me...I have offered suggestions and asked some questions, some were answered but lots wern't and I just wondered, cause after all we are all in this together no matter our age, right?

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I don't look at the age of anyone that posts unless the topic is related to age. I have had some things answered by many, and others with no responses.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Of course!!! Your age does not matter and shouldn't!!! I'm here to help motivate if you want to friend me.
  • chelroxxx
    chelroxxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yea i have the same problem... some things just go unseen... there are so many people who post on here and its easy to lose a post in the madness :) dont take it personal we are all in this together :)
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Age doesn't matter, the person does. We all need love and support on this journey. Feel free to add me.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I dont think age matters - but Im sorry you feel like it does - or that people are discriminatory. Its probably inadvertant - I cant see anyone trying to be biased towards age - as previously said - we are all here to support each other!!!
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    From what you just posted I would not know your age so I do not think that is why someone did not answer your message board question. I know some people on here do not like interacting with people who do not have photos are filled in profiles. Just a thought. I don't know what the topic was you posted about but by what you just posted I would not have known your age.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't look at the age of anyone that posts unless the topic is related to age. I have had some things answered by many, and others with no responses.
    Agreed.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I never notice age but there's some topics that I just have no clue.... it is beyond my experience.... beyond my 'skill'... I just don't know. Could your questions just be.... more difficult?
  • hillendahl
    hillendahl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You mean we have to post our real age.....isn't it bad enough we have to post our weight loss...or lack thereof

I'm just kiddin....

I agree with a couple other' s comments...its all about timing...topic your posting...probably not about your age..

I sometimes only click the recent posts...so I'm missing alot of interesting topics...
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I always tell my grandfather to squat lower. He needs to put those titanium hips to work. No age discrimination here.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    ive never looked at any ones age.............. being a toy boy age is nothing but a number
  • gloriaandison
    Options
    HI there - you can friend me if you like:) I'm 65, on my journey again, and can use as well as provide motivation. I have had similar experiences when commenting to" friends" on my home page, where I rarely get comments back, unfortunately. Maybe people don't have time to answer, but it is disappointing sometimes.
  • lewisv101
    lewisv101 Posts: 4
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it! Some posts Im sure get easily overlooked!! :)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's an age thing.

Maybe it's the way we write our posts lol.....I've had the same problem, barely any replies so don't bother anymore!!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. Unless I look up your profile, I can't even see your age.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you want. I am 58 and have lots of friends here. I have been on here for almost a year so I may know what you need to know. I read all my friends updates daily however it may not be right when they make them. I also read their blogs. I have friends of all ages on here. It may be that younger people use the community boards more but there are plenty of us that do who are older. I also think you sometimes just need to repost to get an answer since maybe someone who knows didn't see your question. I have only posted a question once and got alot of really helpful advice. I have some blogs on various topics as well. Also try the search function above to get posts on specific topics. If you read something from somebody that helps try an see if they are willing to add you as a friend but put a message in the request so they know why. Hope you get all your questions answered and the support you need.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's an age thing.

Maybe it's the way we write our posts lol.....I've had the same problem, barely any replies so don't bother anymore!!

I'm sure that's exactly it. Throw in some misspelled words, some LOL's, and OMG's and don't forget the "!!!!!!!" :o) ...and the smilies...gotta have the smilies. hee hee!!
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow feel better already, maybe just a little down today and needed to connect, it really makes such a difference to have people reply, such a great connection..thanks so much.:flowerforyou: :love:
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    OK - So, in looking at your posting history, I saw 2 posts from you recently:

1. Asking about HCG opinions/experience. Likely, most don't have experience with this and/or wouldn't consider it or haven't looked into it enough to provide an educated opinion to you. HCG is a VERY personal choice, and one YOU have to make for YOURSELF, rather than relying on others to tell you what to do or what they'd do.

2. Asking about Internet Browser issues. This is a weight loss site - not a tech support site. Most people (I'm taking another guess here) aren't qualified to answer this question.

Neither of these have anything to do with age, gender, sex, or anything else you can think of. I don't think a "discrimination" conclusion is warranted.
  • middleofseven
    Options
    Age makes no difference. Some people never reply for fear of being "wrong" even tho there is no wrong way to say your own opinion.