Indian restaurant for dinner... What can I eat?

Options
Hey Everyone

I'm headed to an Indian restaurant for dinner.. It's buffet style so I can pretty much choose anything I like.. But I really want to eat light/low calorie food so that I stay within my calorie range.
I don't have time to excercise today and my weigh in is tomorrow and don't want to un-do all my hard work from this week!

I plan on having a light lunch so I can save more calories for dinner, but does anyone know a good choice when eating Indian?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :happy:

Replies

• dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Ideally you want to stay away from anything with a buttery or creamy sauce, so I think Chicken or fish Tikka (done in the tandoori oven) or a Tikka Masala would be ok. :smile:
    And yum!
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I love indian food!

What I do is go for a veggie dish. Or at least stay away from the lamb. Then try to stay away from the naan. I can't help myself though so I try and only eat half a piece.

I'm jealous now!
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Lamb saag - spinach based...

Don't go for naan, as addictive as it is and limit the rice :)
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I love to eat daahl.... it's better than rice and as it's made with pulses, fills you up and keeps you fuller for longer - and daahl tends to be soo nice. It seems naughty even though in reality, it's not so bad (in the context of Indian food).

I'd stay away from creamy sauces, or naan breads glazed with ghee. Rice is also a big no-no for me, as pilau (which I loooove) has many things added to it.
  • MiaMcBetty
    MiaMcBetty Posts: 45
    Options
    Hahaha, I knew the best things would be the worst (ie; butter chicken and naan bread)!

Thanks heaps for the ideas guys, now just have to try and work out how to track the calories.. Massive guestimating on the horizon me thinks.
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    When I was in India I ate a lot of chicken biryani - it's not too saucy and is usually flavorful, filling, and nice and spicy!