Hi All <Rachel, 27, IL> Newbie Looking for Motivation

rawalk14
rawalk14 Posts: 4 Member
edited 3:48AM in Introduce Yourself
Hello,

My name is Rachel. I just turned 27 and I live in Central Illinois. :smile:

I have been trying to lose weight for years now but every time I drop a few pounds, I lose my motivation or some obstacle gets in my way, then I end up maintaining or gaining the weight back. I suppose I need friends who will stay on my case and help keep me motivated.

I want to get high school skinny again....so my goal is to get somewhere between 115-125lbs. At my heaviest, I was 160lbs and I hated it....A few years ago, I had sprained my ankle during winter and was not working so I basically did nothing all day for months and was very depressed. Today, I am stuck at 145lbs and I lack energy & get winded way too easily while walking.

I need to get in shape. I have clothes I want to fit back into and when I look in the mirror I want to feel sexy again.
I also have a High School Reunion in 2012 that I'd like to look my best for.

I try to eat healthy, but I have a sweet tooth. And sometimes I just don't feel hungry and don't eat enough calories in a day, which puts ones body into starvation mode, which I know is not healthy nor does it lose you any weight. Balancing my time and eating the right foods and the right amounts has always been tricky for me, and I tend to give into my sweets cravings too often.

I need to work on scheduling, portioning & self control.

I just got some new games for my Xbox Kinect and I am hoping that will help me to exercise more: Dance Central, Eden, Kinect Adventures! & Your Shape: Fitness Evolved.

Also, I am interested in participating in weight loss challenges too. I need to kick my butt back into shape!

Replies

• asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Hey Rachel! Im going to friend you. I just moved from bloomington to pekin!
  • rpandit1
    rpandit1 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Rachel, I just discovered these messages and am really happy to read them. I came down from 160 to 150 ibs, well that was over the last two years. Everytime I loose more it just comes back again. I need some motivation and a break through plan.

Good luck to us Renuka
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Hi welcome to mfp. looking forward in seeing your success. im sure u will do great.
  • rawalk14
    rawalk14 Posts: 4 Member
    :) Thanks for the support!!
This discussion has been closed.