10 POUNDS GONE

Options
I was so happy when I got up this moring and got on the scale and saw that I lost my total right now of 10 nasty pounds gone for good. I was so freaking happy I couldn't believe it. I have only been doing this for a total of 3 weeks right now and I am so shocked. I guess with all of the changes that I have made in myself it does pay off with out any of the diet pills or anything like that. I was the type of person that would spend money on all if the newest diet pills and drinks and all of that stuff. I guess I just needed to have my eyes opened wide and say hey it isn't going to work without some hard work. I am going back to work but had to share. Have a great day everyone!!!!

Still :drinker: :drinker: all of my water.

Oh I just had my daily things refigured, it says now I am only to eat 1200 to lose roughly 2lbs a week. Should I go back to losing 1 pound a week? I am working out about 4 days a week roughly cardio about 50 mins each time I workout. Just kinda curious.

Thanks
Molly :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I was so happy when I got up this moring and got on the scale and saw that I lost my total right now of 10 nasty pounds gone for good. I was so freaking happy I couldn't believe it. I have only been doing this for a total of 3 weeks right now and I am so shocked. I guess with all of the changes that I have made in myself it does pay off with out any of the diet pills or anything like that. I was the type of person that would spend money on all if the newest diet pills and drinks and all of that stuff. I guess I just needed to have my eyes opened wide and say hey it isn't going to work without some hard work. I am going back to work but had to share. Have a great day everyone!!!!

Still :drinker: :drinker: all of my water.

Oh I just had my daily things refigured, it says now I am only to eat 1200 to lose roughly 2lbs a week. Should I go back to losing 1 pound a week? I am working out about 4 days a week roughly cardio about 50 mins each time I workout. Just kinda curious.

Thanks
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is a standard for MFP, calculate your BMR in the tools section to see how many calories you need per day to exist, since you still have some too lose, I think if you only eat 1200 a day, it is too low for you.
  • allaboutme
    Options
    Sorry forgot to say, great job on losing 10 :)
  • MollySue30
    Options
    Thanks, I was eating that last few weeks 1230, and I was doing pretty good, I was still thinking it was kinda low but there are some days that I don't get that hungry at all. So I guess I might just still hang on to what I have with 1230.

• allaboutme
    Options
    Whatever you are comfortable and not hungry with. I hate the days I don't exercise and can only eat 1200 I get hungry. My BMR is 1254. I would think a small child would eat more than that :)
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Whatever you are comfortable and not hungry with. I hate the days I don't exercise and can only eat 1200 I get hungry. My BMR is 1254. I would think a small child would eat more than that :)

A small child can eat more than that, but unfortunately we don't get to keep that metabolism or stay that active.

Good job on the first 10.
  • MollySue30
    Options
    Thanks, yeah my girls can pack it down and I am like man to be a little child again, but wait I would want to be able to burn the calories like they do. I don't want to go back being that chunky child with the super skinny sister. I was hard growing up when you have a pretty sister that was skinny :explode: and you were still the ugly duckling and chunky.:explode: I am slowly turning into that pretty swan.

Have a great day.
  • Mrs07
    Mrs07 Posts: 9
    Options
    CONGRATz on your 1st 10LBS!!! Thats awesome. :bigsmile:
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Congratulation On that 10 Pounds
    I am very much motivated by this forum this website has gr8 tool

By the way i have very stupid question what is the best time to Check your'e weight i think early in the morning with empty stomach (i know stupid question) but want to clear things up

Please someone do let me know

Commit and you will succeed
    kathy
  • DjBliss05
    Options

Thanks

That sounds too low. Try to stay around your BMR. I have a goal of 1.5 lbs a week and have actually been losing faster than that. I think 1200 is far to low if you still have 50+ lbs to lose.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Congrats Molly!!:flowerforyou:

Keep up the great work!!:drinker:

~Roni
  • MollySue30
    Options
    Kathy,

I usually weigh my self in the buff right after I get up and go the restroom, so that I have an empty bladder. I have found that it works the best for me. I have been pretty good about not checking my weight everday. I have been checking roughly twice a week which is great for me. Good Luck, hope that this helps. :bigsmile:

Molly
  • superduperbandnerd
    Options
    are you eating you exercise cals?
  • kkmark
    Options
    Thanks molly

I do the same but just want to make sure
    Its been one week with my serious workouts and Calorie count still i don't see any diff i am 142 and trying loose atleast 10 pounds

Kathy
  • allaboutme
    Options
    the last ten are the most stubborn. Just keep doing what you are doing and keep the faith. It will happen. Your body thinks it is fine the way it is and doesn't want to give any up.
  • kkmark
    Options
    That's True Last 10 harder ones

My weigh in will be next week that will be 2 weeks will see how it goes
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,992 Member
    Options
    Thanks molly

I do the same but just want to make sure
    Its been one week with my serious workouts and Calorie count still i don't see any diff i am 142 and trying loose atleast 10 pounds

Kathy

Great job on the ten pounds. Now you really need to buckle down! Here are two great link s for you to read:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

Cheryl :flowerforyou:
  • kkmark
    Options
    Hey Cheryl

Looks like your'e just few pounds away from your'e goal weight so happy for u

i just started my Workout and Calori count just last week as i was Sick for 2 months so have to loose atleast 3-4 pounds by Thanksgiving
    lets see how it goes and by the way gr8 info.

Kathy
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I was hard growing up when you have a pretty sister that was skinny :explode: and you were still the ugly duckling and chunky.:explode: I am slowly turning into that pretty swan.

I bet you look great. And PHOOEY to all those who gave you ahard time growing up. I know how it feels to grow up in someone else's shadow, so I can definitely sympathize with you.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good job on your first ten pounds when you can do that many pounds the others will just fall right behind, keep up the motavation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!