5'2 anyone?

Options
I am 5'2 but I have a very thick frame, what are some of your goals? I am currently 134 pounds.

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I was 5' 2.5" for a long time at around 134 pounds as well. I have lost 23 pounds in the past 7 months,but gained an inch! I am now 5' 3.5" and 110-113 pounds :)
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm 5'2 and 134 pounds as well. Been stuck here for a while
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'0" . My ultimate goal (after baby) is 120 and to get my body fat below 25%. I like to do a good amount of weights besides the cardio, so I tend to have a thicker frame too.
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height. I'm sitting at 142. I would be ecstatic just to enter the 130s again. I'm ultimately shooting for low-mid 20's and I'll be a happy girl! :)
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 and now 103 pounds. my current goal is just to build some muscle and be more confident.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    I was 5' 2.5" for a long time at around 134 pounds as well. I have lost 23 pounds in the past 7 months,but gained an inch! I am now 5' 3.5" and 110-113 pounds :)

Wow that is amazing! How did you do it, I know probably diet and exercise lol but was there anything else that really helped you?
  • Caite_S
    Caite_S Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm also 5'2 and 134! My goal is to get down to 115-120. I'll figure it out once I get there! :)
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2" but currently 172lbs (post baby weight) but prior to baby I got down to 135lbs and couldn't get any further down not matter how hard I tried...Now I'll be happy to see 150lbs!! haha
  • sophia_b
    sophia_b Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was stuck in 130s for sometime, I did insanity and dropped to 123, cut dairy now I'm 114. My goal is 110 to 102 depending on how my body looks. I'm not going for stick figure though.
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2" and am currently at 138.7. I have my goal set for 125. After having 3 kids my hips are a bit wider and I'm pretty busty so only time and more weight loss will tell me at what weight I feel most comfy at and can easily maintain. :)
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 but I have a very thick frame, what are some of your goals? I am currently 134 pounds.

You already know this, but to share with others, I'm 5'2" and my goal is 124.0. Just ounces from goal now. I have an athletic frame so getting below 120.0 is not desirable for me personally. We will all wear our weight differently, so I think everyone having separate goals is great! Even if we are all fun-sized. :)
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 134lbs!! My goal weight is around 128! I have big hips and seem to carry most of my weight in my hips/thighs, so if I try to get any smaller I get real bony up top!!
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my goal is 130...I'm also *almost* 37 and "solid" and I've had 3 kids...the last being just a year ago.
  • pkarim
    Options
    It's crazy how a lot of us are the exact same weight and height, really gives me a lot of motivation! :)
  • mihalyov
    mihalyov Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 5' 3". Close enough?
    I just joined a few minutes ago. My goal is to get to lose 5 pounds. I am 132 now and 127 is my perfect weight. I was there when I got married 5 years ago and have added 1 pound a year. Time to get back down! I know how to do it, as I lost 40 pounds 5 years ago. I thought I would try out this program as I have heard it is a good tool.

But to answer your question, it is not all about weight. It is really about fat. You could be a 5'2" muscle strong athlete and weigh 140 and be totally fit! Or you could be a 5'2" couch potato with no muscle and be "overweight" at 125.

There was a recent article in the Wall Street Journal entitle "The Skinny Fat". The article was about those that are at a good weight, but are all flab. Then there was a mention of the "Fit Fat" (which there are not very many of these LOL)

So the question is, how much body fat do you have, not how much is your goal weight. A good indicator is the size of your waist. Measure your waist just below the belly button. Is it under 34"? If it is 34 or greater you are not yet to goal weight.

The other thing you can do is to buy a "Body Fat analyzer scale." You can buy them at most any store now a days.
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" but almost twice you. I'm 237.

My goals really are more about health than size.

- I want a good panel of blood work next annual physical. Lower cholesterol overall, up my HDL, lower my LDL, lower my triglycerides, get my blood sugar and A1c down, fasting insulin down.
    - I'd like to be able to jog a 5k. Almost all of my charities can benefit from runs and the runs tend to pay a bit more than the walks, so I want to move into the runner's track. As long as I keep my speed above a 3.6 I can stay in the runner's track.
    - I set a goal weight of 144, but any healthy weight below 180 is fine with me.
    - I want to box one amateur match before I turn 40. Just one. I don't even care if I win (which I probably won't anyway!)
    - I want to gain enough self-confidence about my appearance to start dating again and maybe find a husband.
    - I want to increase my longevity.
    - Body Fat % goal is below 30-35%
    - BMI goal is around 25ish.

I'm not picky as long as I'm pursuing good health. :smile:
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and my goal weight for now is 120 lbs....for now. I will see if I am happy where I am at every 5 pounds.

I had 6 kids, the last one last october. I am doing this since november and the weight is going down very slowly.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    4'11 and my goal is 115 pounds even though all the so called charts say 100.
  • pkarim
    Options
    I am 5' 3". Close enough?
    I just joined a few minutes ago. My goal is to get to lose 5 pounds. I am 132 now and 127 is my perfect weight. I was there when I got married 5 years ago and have added 1 pound a year. Time to get back down! I know how to do it, as I lost 40 pounds 5 years ago. I thought I would try out this program as I have heard it is a good tool.

But to answer your question, it is not all about weight. It is really about fat. You could be a 5'2" muscle strong athlete and weigh 140 and be totally fit! Or you could be a 5'2" couch potato with no muscle and be "overweight" at 125.

There was a recent article in the Wall Street Journal entitle "The Skinny Fat". The article was about those that are at a good weight, but are all flab. Then there was a mention of the "Fit Fat" (which there are not very many of these LOL)

So the question is, how much body fat do you have, not how much is your goal weight. A good indicator is the size of your waist. Measure your waist just below the belly button. Is it under 34"? If it is 34 or greater you are not yet to goal weight.

The other thing you can do is to buy a "Body Fat analyzer scale." You can buy them at most any store now a days.

Yes! I took my bodyfat measurements, I'm currently at 29% and I think a healthy number for my size is 25% so I'm trying to work towards that :)
  • KEaton85
    KEaton85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 140.2 as of today. I had my beautiful baby boy 6 months ago and desperately trying to get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes! I'm trying to change my eating (I'm sad to admit I didn't eat as healthy as I should have during pregnancy...): Lots of protein, low sugar/carbs and it has been VERY difficult for me to reach even 1000 calories. I have to eat when I'm not hungry (and I hate that!) just to reach 1000 most days. I used to be a huge bread and pasta addict so cutting them out is sooo hard! lol I have been doing Couch to 5K, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and Kendell Hogan's Cardio Bootcamp, and a little swimming - not all in the same day of course. I've been hovering around 140 for a week now. My goal is 125 for now and to get my tummy back post baby. Maybe lower later, depends on how long it takes me lol! Right now, it is going painfully slow. It's hard to keep working without seeing the results.

What is the ideal weight for someone our height anyway? I know it's a little different for everyone depending on their body type, but I'm small-boned and I am still breastfeeding my son (hey, it adds weight! I weigh .2 pounds lighter after I feed him!)