Low carb lifestyle...

Options
Is there anyone on here also following a lower carb lifestyle??? I would like to make friends who are motivating and can help me on my journey with suggestions for recipes and other things. If you are not following a low carb lifestyle, please don't post on this topic with reasons why I shouldn't. I have heard it all. So please and thank you. :)

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I do a basically low carb diet. I keep my carbs about the same as my protein intake.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    I've been a low carber for about 25 years. Healthier than anyone I know! I'll send you a request.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    I try really hard to eat as few carbs as possible but carbs are in everything! My goal was to eat more protein than carbs but it is so hard. I try to have some protein at every meal, feel free to add me we can help each other out! :)
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I try really hard to eat as few carbs as possible but carbs are in everything! My goal was to eat more protein than carbs but it is so hard. I try to have some protein at every meal, feel free to add me we can help each other out! :)

I definitely agree with you. There are carbs in everything. I usually try to stay under 30 as of right now because I'm trying to lose. But I will raise it once I get within a certain weight range. I sent you a request. :)
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My meal plan is somewhat low-carb. I'm D-Touring Diabetes, so plain ol' carbs and processed sugars are out for the most part. I get plenty of carbs in my diet with basic foods (80 - 110-ish), but I've changed up white flour with whole wheat, pasta with whole wheat pasta, no rice, potato skins no pulp. Things like that.
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    I've been trying. Its been about a month and I've been on the wagon for the most part, give or take a few cheat days. I'm trying to get through a full two weeks of induction but it sure is hard.
  • beernutz
    beernutz Posts: 136
    Options
    I've been low carbing for 4 months and it has been great. This is my second go round with one as I did one for 9 months a few years ago and it worked great as I got down to sub 15% body fat. However, I was doing what is called a cyclical ketogenic diet which is pretty tough to maintain because you "carb up" every week or so. That sounds better than the reality as it really messed with our family eating routine so I ended up giving it up.

This time I've been much smarter and only take in carbs before I'm going to do vigorous and lengthy exercise so I don't fade after an hour or so of activity. Otherwise I try to keep the net carbs around 5% of my total calories. I still eat one or two servings of veggies per day but I'm pretty selective about which kind I eat. I also eat a variety of foods daily from bunless burgers to chicken to salads to omelets and the variety hasn't come close to getting old.

Today I was turned onto Hot&Spicy pork rinds dipped in whipped cream cheese which have zero carbs. If I ever got any cravings for snack food, which I really don't, that would help conqueror it. Results don't lie and I've had great results (see signature). Other than getting a sinus infection a couple of weeks ago I feel great and I got on antibiotics today to snuff that out finally.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm mainly doing a somewhat hybrid southbeach diet / low carb diet. I feel their are both healthy carbs and healthy fats and both have a purpose. I limit my carbs to under 50 a day when I'm on a cut and under 100 while in maintenance mode.
  • cauliwobble
    cauliwobble Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I am doing a low carb diet too, I havent lost much just 4lbs, but I have lost a few inches so hoping the weight will start going down soon, any one can add me if they like :)
  • LondonLad
    LondonLad Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi

I have been on a low carb diet for 7 weeks now and have now lost 29 pounds, I keep under 60 grammes of carbs a day and the results have been amazing.

I have tried numerous calorie controlled diets and been to WW & SW, always started with the best intentions but after 8-10 weeks (with some success admitedly) I gave up because I was always hungry.

With a LCD I can eat as much of the "allowed" food as I like without worrying, a LCD does not need will power which is great because I dont have any.

It can be a boring diet but that is a small price to pay for a quick weight loss and in my case I have lost my life long sweet tooth.

Another bonus is my energy levels have gone through the roof.

Read "Why we get fat" by Gary Taubes for the lowdown.

As for being in Ketosis being unheathy Gary taubes junks that entirely.

Try it, you have nothing to lose but your fat.
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have been on a low carb diet for 7 weeks now and have now lost 29 pounds, I keep under 60 grammes of carbs a day and the results have been amazing.

I have tried numerous calorie controlled diets and been to WW & SW, always started with the best intentions but after 8-10 weeks (with some success admitedly) I gave up because I was always hungry.

With a LCD I can eat as much of the "allowed" food as I like without worrying, a LCD does not need will power which is great because I dont have any.

It can be a boring diet but that is a small price to pay for a quick weight loss and in my case I have lost my life long sweet tooth.

Another bonus is my energy levels have gone through the roof.

Read "Why we get fat" by Gary Taubes for the lowdown.

As for being in Ketosis being unheathy Gary taubes junks that entirely.

Try it, you have nothing to lose but your fat.

I don't totally agree that it takes no will power. I strongly believe that you can't just eat as much as you want on a low carb lifestyle. And nor do I agree that it is a quick fix. People that believe this tend to not do well eating this way b/c once they lose all the weight, they think it is carb free for all and that will just make you gain the weight back. Basically, you have to be in it for life. That is why I call it "lifestyle". I am not looking for a quick fix. I am looking to change my life. I have done tons of research on it. Make sure you are working out. The benefits are so much more greater when you do so. I hope you will change your mindset a bit towards it. :)
  • pisceanprincess
    pisceanprincess Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back to low carb. That is the only thing that has worked for me.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much doing low carb... My totals are between 55-70 grams per day, with around 145 grams of protein per day. Low carb is also the only thing that works for me.
  • Alana56
    Alana56 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi , I have just starting on a low carb lifestyle and would like any advice that is out there , I am Diabetic and this lifestyle does help with the BGL levels .:smile:
  • pucks_mom23
    Options
    Hi, I'm on the low carb lifestyle. I try to eat 55 grams or less a day. Feel free to add me if you like :smile: