Warning! Obesity Picture

Options
2»

Replies

• yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

BTW I think BMI/Obesity standards are a ridiculous.
    congratulations on your progress! I certainly do agree with the standards of obesity being ridiculous. I was only 8# away from being 'obese' - wearing a size 10/12 jeans.

I am overweight in my avatar picture!!!!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You've got something on your nose, by the way. .. Did you know? Just there...

You look great! good job.

Now someone message me and explain the whole orb thing. I feel I'm missing out on some geek secret and I must know.

LOVE IT... harry potter reference! surprised no body else picked up on it !!!

It should be;

"You've got dirt on your nose, by the way. .. Did you know? Just there..."

Maybe that's why (obviously not *real* Potter fans then!)! :laugh:

Orbs, BTW, are dust motes which show up on photographs when the camera uses a flash. Some people who are into paranormal things claim they are spirits...or something, but really they are just bits of dust (and sometimes moisture) captured by the flash, particularly if it's not a very powerful flash.

Is there ANYthing you don't know, Hermione? :smile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I *did* score 98% in JKR's Potter quiz over at The Leaky Cauldron (there were a gazillion questions!)!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    So you are considered obese? That's crazy. You look fit, not even overweight.

Thats what I thought!!! Def fit, not overweight!!! Looking amazing! :D

Agreed; you're looking great, Ben!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your transition into the overweight category. We share a very similar body type so I feel your pain on the BMI. The worst aspect is that we would be denied health insurance just for having a BMI over 30. Transitioning to "overweight" will at least make us eligible again...with higher premiums.
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Options

Now someone message me and explain the whole orb thing. I feel I'm missing out on some geek secret and I must know.

HA! love a touch of Hermione.....

I also think you look brilliant!!! - sans the hexagonitis..... lol. Keep it up!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    BMI is not applicable to you my friend. Congrats on your weight loss!! And best of luck reaching your continued goals!!!!!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options

LOVE IT... harry potter reference! surprised no body else picked up on it !!!

It should be;

"You've got dirt on your nose, by the way. .. Did you know? Just there..."

Maybe that's why (obviously not *real* Potter fans then!)! :laugh:

Orbs, BTW, are dust motes which show up on photographs when the camera uses a flash. Some people who are into paranormal things claim they are spirits...or something, but really they are just bits of dust (and sometimes moisture) captured by the flash, particularly if it's not a very powerful flash.

Using 'dirt' would have been too obviously a quote- I'm glad people caught the reference :)

Thanks for explaining the orbs. I'd heard of that phenomenon but wasn't making the connection.
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    lol...the only thing fat here is the big fat lie of a title "obesity picture"...good job!

Agreed...you don't look obese at all! Keep up the good work though :smile:
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options

OMG I literally just spit water all over my computer screen!! MFP is the last place I would expect to have an orb debate.

I bet you didnt REALLY...did you?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    That must be a really heavy hexagon attached to your face cause you don't look obese at all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!