why do I gorge when i'm not even hunger it's like ive lost m

Options
Just gorged on sugary sweets after eating dinner. I ate a cupcake and cinnabon because it was there I wasn't even hungey but I was out of control why do I do this. I feel like such a sugar addict. Honestly the cake was too rich I kept eating even though it didnt taste that good. I am freaking now kinda wanna make myself throw up but I can't. ugg this sucks.

Replies

• hurrayhurrah
    Options
    Don't throw up. It won't do you any good and also the body starts to absorb calories starting 30 seconds after you start eating (so it's not even super effective).

I have a huge issue with eating when I'm not hungry, either. Especially with sweets, and it's a big problem. I've been doing better because I've started to just eat sitting down at the table, making sure I sip plenty of water. No more eating while reading, standing, watching television, etc. It helps me feel full faster and eat more slowly. I do (like everyone) have times when I really, really want to just eat all the ice cream in my freezer. But instead I just drink water (sometimes with lemon) and do something to try and distract myself.

Slip ups happen. You can't beat yourself up about eating those things. There's not really anything you can do about it now. Just take a deep breath and try to think about how you can prevent it in the future (have less sweets lying around?)

Don't stress too much about it. No one is perfect