Keeping to your diet and Pampered Chef

Options
KBrenOH
KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
Heya's all --

My husband and I recently became Pampered Chef consultants. I was just curious if anyone else on here is a consultant, and if so, how you managed to incorporate that into your lifestyle with cooking.

Thanks!

Replies

• Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Not a consultant, but use the products... well some :) I use the Oil Mister daily as it allows me to know what is in the oil, and avoids the chemicals in Pam...
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    Not a consultant, but use the products... well some :) I use the Oil Mister daily as it allows me to know what is in the oil, and avoids the chemicals in Pam...

my husband loves the pam. I never thought about the chemicals in it though.

I don't know that I'd want to cook my eggs in a pan even just misted with the oil spritzer though.. hmm maybe just a tiny bit of butter.

That's a great idea though for other stuff -- love it!
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm a past consultant and still have a lot of the products. The stoneware is awesome as it absorbs the fat from your food that creates the seasoning on the stoneware and makes it nonstick (eliminates the need to use oil). Also, like someone else said, the oil mister is awesome. The microplane graters elimiate the need to buy preshredded cheese. The can opener makes the cans resealable which means you can use less than the whole can and reseal it for storage in the fridge. I could go on and on. Using my products encourages me to cook fresh foods which means I can eat healthier. ;)

Good luck to you and your husband!
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I use the scoops to make even baking, so serving sizes and calorie counts can be given...I have all three sizes.
    My julienne peeler makes me some pretty salads that are easy to eat.
    I use the soup strainer ladle to defat stocks and soups...

I honestly love the idea of the stoneware I have a couple different ones, but since counter space is limited by my wall oven and I once made a small scratch on my stovetop from one, I don't use them. I like to use my glass cooktop as a huge trivet on a daily basis :P

My kids love the corn and the cob knobs, and I like the bamboo utensils.

We use the pizza cutter and the ice cream scoop as well, but they don't help stick to a healthy plan as much as the others ;)
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    I'm still trying to learn all the uses of the Mandoline. I've had the original one for years but never really used it much; I think that's going to change as I try to get more creative with healthy meals and trying to "fancy" them up a bit.

I have to say that while I haven't lost weight because of Pampered Chef, it's definitely been a big help with the measuring cups, the one little glass bowls (1 cup's -- i use them to make pre-serving portion controled snacks for me) and the adjustible measuring spoons.

Looking forward to getting a few more items once we have some shows and have some PC dollars to spend!

LOVE my stoneware. I use my pizza stone all the time (for more than just the pizza).