Ladies--Keys?

Options
Hey all you ladies out there! None of my workout clothes have decent pockets, but when I go jogging I clearly need to have my keys with me...so do you have a decent key solution? I don't really want to have to take it off the ring to safety pin it to the inside of my waist band and I really don't want to buy new clothes right now...

At the moment I keep them inside my Enell Sports bra (sturdy band, so they won't fall out). But is there another solution that doesn't require me to reach into my bra for house keys? Small fanny pack or something? Wondering if I'm the only one with this issue, or where do your keys go?

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I put them onto my shoelace. I only take my house key though.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Have a housekey made just for running and tie into your shoelaces.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    around my neck on a lanyard (bad spelling?!) or I do the safety pin thing....

looking for suggestions too!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    maybe try getting those stretchy bands that you can put key rings on and then they can just slide onto your upper arm. you can usually find them by key rings, key chains in the automotive area of like walmart or something. hope that helps.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of shoes that has a little pocket in them for keys... but... they're a little hard to open and close. I just stick my keys in my boobs.. Only the house key though. Haha.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    There's a shoe wallet. You can store your key and a little cash in a little pocket that you velcro to your shoelace.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I like the shoelace idea... going to have to try that. Or on the drawstring on my shorts.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have seen a wrist type thingy with a zippered pocket....maybe you could get this at a sports store. Just a thought.
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    I sew a small square into a pocket then sew that into my yoga pants..My mate uses a spare key on a lanyard around her neck..tucked into her top..
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I carry my iPhone & keys in my left hand and my water bottle in my right hand.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't own one but I know that there are wrist/arm/ankle wallets for this purpose. They are similar to the armbands that you would use to hold your ipod. I think they may even have some that hold your ipod and has a separate compartment to hold your keys. I would definitely google it or go to a sports store and ask them.
  • dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do the shoelace thing...I like the idea of getting an extra key made so you don't have to take it off of your keyring all the time.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have my insulin pump tucked into the left side of my bra, my cellphone and ID tucked into the right side. I don't take my keys - I just know how to break into my house, LoL
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I carry my phone and keys in a small zip lock. Works to help keep my sweat off the phone while running and easy enough to run cord out for head phones. I carry a droid x
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I take a fanny pack with my keys, mp3 player and poop bags. I jog/walk with my dogs.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I take a fanny pack with my keys, mp3 player and poop bags. I jog/walk with my dogs.
    One would assume they were not your poop bags ;)
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I know they have things called spibelts (online or in running stores) pretty tiny fanny pack. I got one to hold my keys and my phone in when i go running because my hands seem to get sweaty and I don't want a broken cellphone. Fairly cheap, i know it's recommended for the people to participate in marathons as it's expands and can hold your ID and some money if needed as well.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Got home last night and keys were "EW!" levels of covered in sweat from keeping them in my bra. Key ring only has four on it, and I live in a high rise so extra keys cost like $100 from management (the special kind you can't duplicate at the hardware store), and I didn't want to have to take it on and off.
    Anyhow! I like the little arm/leg pouch idea or the micro fanny pack thing, I'll have to check out the running store this weekend! Happy walk/jog/running!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I have a water bottle which has a cover on it with a zip, i keep my gate key in there...or try and go out just before my fiance gets home so he can let me in :o)
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yeah I would just slide it in the sports armband that you can also put your mp3 player in.
    FYI they have them at the dollar tree around here..