Another reason not to trust the scales!

Options
Aurelina
Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
Gravity is not the same all over the planet.

http://www.ouramazingplanet.com/best-earth-gravity-map-ever-geoid-1591/

Luke.... trust the jeans.

Replies

• Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Great, so because I'm a mile high I'm not as much of a cow? Sweeeeet.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    The earth has cellulite!

I just always knew I weighed less in New Mexico than in California....hehe...
  • TiffyCooper
    Options

LOL! There is hope for us mountain people after all! :wink:
  • Swimgoddess
    Options

LOL! There is hope for us mountain people after all! :wink:

I can't wait to go to sea level and weigh myself now! Not to mention shave a sizable chunk off my run time; the extra O2 makes us instant Wonder Women... once we get over that "drowning" feeling as soon as we hop off the plane into some real humidity, lol!
  • PinkJewels
    PinkJewels Posts: 26
    Options
    I think I'm gonna move up to the mountains...not happy with my Cali weight! LOL!!!!
  • ceeshelman
    ceeshelman Posts: 77
    Options
    Gravity is not the same all over the planet.

http://www.ouramazingplanet.com/best-earth-gravity-map-ever-geoid-1591/

Luke.... trust the jeans.

TRUST THE JEANS!
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    I think I'm gonna move up to the mountains...not happy with my Cali weight! LOL!!!!

You'll "gain weight" up here. More earth beneath you = stronger gravitational pull. The article says the satellite gets pulled closer to the earth when it passes over the Alps, etc. and that's how they measure the pull.

Edited to add that this threw my spouse for a loop because he always thought gravity was less here because we were farther from the center of the earth. *shrug*
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

You'll "gain weight" up here. More earth beneath you = stronger gravitational pull. The article says the satellite gets pulled closer to the earth when it passes over the Alps, etc. and that's how they measure the pull.

Edited to add that this threw my spouse for a loop because he always thought gravity was less here because we were farther from the center of the earth. *shrug*

gravity is lower the higher you go up.

if it got higher, than the moon would be accelerating toward the earth!
  • Swimgoddess
    Options

gravity is lower the higher you go up.

if it got higher, than the moon would be accelerating toward the earth!

Yeah, that sounds right. Except that doesn't explain the satellite issue in the original article. I'm just gunna hush up and plead the blonde thing. Lmao