Newbie Here

mellowyellow821
mellowyellow821 Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! :happy:

My name is Kelly and I'm here just like the rest of us, to lose weight. I tried at the beginning of this year to lose weight by counting calories and working out, but school got very stressful with state exams and I ended up gaining my weight back. I am currently sitting at 190 :sad: , but I want to be 150. I hope to make some friends here because I need all the motivation I can get.

I tend to stop when I get comfortable at doing something. I get cocky because I'm doing so well and then I gain it back. I need to just keep going so I can reach my goal and I would like some help doing that.

Here's to new friends :flowerforyou: !

Replies

• Hi! :happy:

My name is Kelly and I'm here just like the rest of us, to lose weight. I tried at the beginning of this year to lose weight by counting calories and working out, but school got very stressful with state exams and I ended up gaining my weight back. I am currently sitting at 190 :sad: , but I want to be 150. I hope to make some friends here because I need all the motivation I can get.

I tend to stop when I get comfortable at doing something. I get cocky because I'm doing so well and then I gain it back. I need to just keep going so I can reach my goal and I would like some help doing that.

• Hey Kelly i know the feeling! i'm a student too and it seems when school starts getting busy i start stress eating! AGH! such a hard habit to break....
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Heya!
    :happy:
    Welcome aboard! *salute*
  • hey girl,
    welcome! i just joined this site 2. here's 2 weight loss!:flowerforyou: hehe
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!!! I too also joined the site 2 days ago..This place is great..Good luck with your quest..YOU CAN DO IT!!!

105320.png
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    hey girl,
    welcome! i just joined this site 2. here's 2 weight loss!:flowerforyou: hehe
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Welcome to MFP!!!! I too also joined the site 2 days ago..This place is great..Good luck with your quest..YOU CAN DO IT!!!

105320.png
    Glad we have so many new members!:flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Hi! :happy:

We often refer to it as a lifestyle change here on MFP rather than a diet...mainly because it's a lifetime of changes.....and it's something we need to be able to stick to for the long haul, not just a quick fix.

You've come to the right place... Welcome:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.