Body Bug Question

Options
I just got my brand new Body Bug (actually it's the Bodymedia FIT version) and have been wearing it for around 8-9 hours so far. Since I have the Bluetooth version, I can see certain stats in real time on my iPhone. One thing that I noticed is that the pedometer seems to be picking up a lot of steps. I'm not sure if its the fact that I'm 6'2" or what, but in the span of MAYBE 20 minuets, it logged me as having over 1,100 steps. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone else seem to have higher numbers then they actually do.

On thing that I found out and is probably the really reason I got the silly little thing, is the REAL calorie expenditure during a workout. For instance, my 45 minute treadmill walk counted 590 cals. However, my armband only counted 380+. BIG difference huh? Anybody notice this with their workout. I do have to say that when I log my workout on here (MFP.com), the calorie count is actually VERY close to what armband said! Kudos.

Since I'm new with this little thing, any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm really excited for it and along with this app. and website, I think I'm going to have a VERY successful time!

~Will Smith

Replies

• Traumaturtle
    Options
    I think my question got lost in the story, so let me get it out.

Has anyone hawing a body bug found steps are getting WAY overcounted? Does arm mother get mistaken for steps? Any sugfestions?
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I actually never paid attention to the step count... perhaps I should.