Scale

Options
I don't have a scale and have no idea how much weight I've lost but I know that I've lost 7cm this week. I weighed on a friend's scale to get my start weight. How often should I weigh and should I buy a scale?

Replies

• taraize307
    Options
    I would definitely buy a scale and weigh once a week. I weigh every day but am trying to make myself not do that. lol
  • vulrich93
    vulrich93 Posts: 99
    Options
    About once/week. Your weight flucuates throughout the week.

For buying a scale, ask yourself this: Would you be tempted in weighing yourself every hour of the day/7 days per week?

If yes, don't buy a scale. It will just demotivate you. If no, go ahead and buy one.
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    I may want to weigh my self all the time. but I really want to know what my weight is. Have to wait till pay day anyway. :wink:
  • littlemisskitty24
    Options
    instead of buying scales, would your local pharmachy/drug store have scales you can use? or just use your friends again?

I regret having mine, as I am on them twice a day and completely addicted. It is quite disheartening when they don't go down or even go up, so keep going with the measurement and save your pennies for smaller clothes :)
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I bought the Taylor 7506 from walmart for $23 and free shipping. I love it. It weighs in lbs or kgs and goes to the tenth of a pound. I only weigh once a week unless I have a really bad day going over on calories and then I will weigh the next morning. Maybe just commit to only logging your weight once a week.
    http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=taylor+7506&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

It was rated in consumer reports as one of the best.