Over On Sugar

Options
littleali
littleali Posts: 179 Member
After posting another topic about blemishes and breakouts I was getting, and after suggestions on it could be the amount of sugar I'm consuming, I changed my diary settings and low and behold, I was over by -30 on somedays! EVERY DAY I am in the negative for sugar - I foolishly thought I could snack on fruit with no negative consequences! Please take into consideration I have recently been diagnosed with EDNOS, and so my calories are few, but even when I'm subbing 700, I'm still neg on sugar! Anybody have any tips about snacks or meals that are low in sugar? I am not a fan of raw veg, so that is out of the question I'm afraid. My diary is pretty unhealthy generally but I'm wanting to make a change so tips please!

Replies

• uhoh_billy
    uhoh_billy Posts: 94
    Options
    Bump for this. I go over on sugar every single day and I'm not a fan of veggies! So I'd like to hear people's responses.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hey! I really try to watch my sugar too. I snack on almonds, peanuts, cashews, triscuits, boiled eggs....If I have chocolate I only have dark becuase it's got less in it. And try to stay away from white bread and other simple carbs that your body will process *like* sugar.
  • lauravanz44
    Options
    What about nuts? They're a good protein source, and if you eat raw nuts there's virtually no sugar there. My newest mid-morning snack is Crystal Farms Light String Cheese (50 cals), also more protein and no sugar and it will typically hold me over til lunchtime. I've really enjoyed the Healthy Choice Steam Fresh meals for lunch and I believe they are also usually low in sugar. Good luck and good job so far! :-)
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    does it really matter?

if your intake is, lets say, double the recomended daily intake, as long as you are active enough to burn it off.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    ALSO, regular milk is a big sugar culprit...12 grams per 1 cup even for skim! So I switched to unsweetened almond milk. If you like it a little sweeter you can add a teaspoon of sugar to your glass--a teaspoon only has 4 g....I only have fruit after I work out and I keep it limited to berries---I avoid bananas and apples.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm over every day. I'm resigned to going over a little bit but I'm doubling what I should have on some days. I'm not giving up my morning coffee with real sugar. Beyond that, I'm willing to compromise.
  • ShaunDrummond
    Options
    I looked this up because I was also over on my sugar every day and I was eating good foods and my calories were at the right level. Here in Canada there is no recommended daily intake established for sugar and I'm sure it is the same in the US. I'm not sure how myfitnesspal came to the daily amount they have set for us, but it seems very low. I think the benefits of eating fruit far out-way the sugar "overages".
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I had a look over teh past week, and it's not over by much most days, so I dont think it's a major problem. On days when it IS over, its cos you've eaten a couple of fairy cakes, or scones with jam and cream - once in a while indulgences like that are OK. Or if you seriously want to cut it out - there's your culprits.