Elliptical Trainer/Cross Trainer

Options
I bought a second hand cross trainer yesterday and I had a go last night. I did 1 hour and burned 484 calories!!! It was brilliant, I was really struggling the last 20 mins but managed to hit the 60 mn mark and when I got off it, my legs went to jelly!!! I really hope this helps me lose some weight....anyone else used one and had success??!!

Clare

Replies

• k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Options
    oh my word!!! 60 minutes! thats mental, good on you...i hate using it! i do it, but my god 3 minutes and im knackered!!! thats no reflection on my workout...its always at the end after 50 minutes on tread, bike work etc...maybe i should try it first???...

Thats amazing - and the elliptical is a great piece of equipment! keep at it, but be sure you dont over do it! xx
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Cross Trainers are ace, I have one too! I love watching the soaps while Im on mine, could go on it for ages if I was allowed!! Good on you!! I get pins and needles sometimes when I have my trainers on but if I wear my slippers (boot-like slippers) my feet are much freeier...!! Well done!!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yep they burn good cals and great for cardio too!
    nice burn by the way!
  • rmc_charleston
    Options
    I love my ellyptical! I have a 64 minute ellyptical workout that I use that I found in Self magazine a couple of years ago. When I want to burn a ton of calories, it is the way to go. Got it after our first child was born and it really got the weight off. Used it through my pregnancy with our second child and truly believe it helped maintain my weight goals. Keep using it, even if it's only for 30 mins a day. It's awesome!
  • rmc_charleston
    Options
    I love my ellyptical! I have a 64 minute ellyptical workout that I use that I found in Self magazine a couple of years ago. When I want to burn a ton of calories, it is the way to go. Got it after our first child was born and it really got the weight off. Used it through my pregnancy with our second child and truly believe it helped maintain my weight goals. Keep using it, even if it's only for 30 mins a day. It's awesome!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    oh my word!!! 60 minutes! thats mental, good on you...i hate using it! i do it, but my god 3 minutes and im knackered!

i always find for some unknown reason the first 5 mins are the way toughest! so stick it out and it really gets easier!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I used to love my ellptical (until I broke it) That is what I started my MFP journey on for cardio. Now I have a love affair with my treadmill! :)
  • MaryElizabeth10
    Options

What is the 64 minute workout you use? Are you able to post it on here? Woudl love to try it!
  • newmetasha
    newmetasha Posts: 22
    Options
    Yer ive got one In my living room So when i want to eat naughty things its Looking at me haha I love mine U really feel it the next day :D & my bum/ thighs were so much more toned after a week or two !!! x
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Would you mind sharing the workout?? I love my elliptical and use it 3-4 times a week.
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Options
    I used to love my ellptical (until I broke it) That is what I started my MFP journey on for cardio. Now I have a love affair with my treadmill! :)

Me too! oh how we love eachother, my treaddy and I.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

PLEASE SHARE YOUR WORKOUT!!!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I love the elliptical/cross trainer I use. It is awesome. I do an hour a day on it. Seriously, I'm addicted.