Sodium

Options
Does anyone else struggle with sodium? I cannot believe how much sodium is in the food I eat! I'm trying to limit sodium to 1500 daily... but I've been way over that the past few weeks!

What snacks/foods are out there that are low in sodium, or don't have any sodium at all?

I always told my doctor I was following a low-sodium diet, but apparently I'm really not!

Replies

• forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit & veggies, raw almonds & other nuts unsalted, fresh fish & poultry, eggs - basically everything on the outside aisles at the grocery store. :tongue:
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    I know how you feel! I'm a vegetarian and it's really hard to eat within my sodium range. See I actually liked the taste of meat, I just wanted to become vegetarian for other reasons. The "imitation" meat that they have out there on the market is very low in calories and fat, but so so high in sodium it almost makes it impossible to eat it with every meal like I used to. Popsecret 94% fat free popcorn has only 20mg of sodium per popped cup of popcorn. Otherwise unsalted almonds and fruits and veggies are low in sodium (although fruit is high in carbs).
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I have the same issue, and have had high blood pressure because of it. (Just figured out since starting on here that was the culprit) . So Now in order to stay healthier once i reach the 2500 advised I stop eating or make sure there is almost no sodium in what i want which causes me to be about 300 cal shy of my recommended intake according to this site. I don't want to not eat the recommended, but i feel like i have to give one up or the other....