help! Grief AND weight loss

Options
I recently had back surgery so I can't do "crunches" yet... thanks for the "mini challenges" though.. I'll keep looking for one that I can modify safely during recovery... It's been 7 months but it was major surgery: 2 rods and 8 large screws to stabilize the spinal cord... I'm trying to do brisk walks every other day... and lower back stretches... P.S. after losing my beloved son of 23 years (1 1/2 years ago) I feel like I'm doing pretty good... I also quit smoking December of this past year... unfortunately I gained a good 15 lbs. ! I really like this site, It is encouraging me... it helps me to talk with people who are "objective"... my primary "goal" is to figure out this journey of grief... but I don't want to gain anymore weight because it is starting to depress me... I feel like I'm more likely to succeed if can at least feel good about my appearance...

Replies

• MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am truly sorry to hear about your loss and I know that you will recover from the surgery. It's just going to take some time. Keep doing what you can and you will triumph!