Casual Friday NSV!

27strange
27strange Posts: 837 Member
Dress attire for work is dress slacks and button downs, Fridays is more casual but I typically just wear less dressy docker style pants rather than opt for jeans. But today I decided to wear jeans. I went to put on some jeans...(I haven't worn jeans for a few weeks because work is dress slacks and weekends during the summer I am usually in cargo shorts or gym shorts)...so anyways I slide into my jeans, pull them up, and while doing so I am thinking "these feel baggy today", I button the jeans and they are way loose. Hooray! I can literally pull my jeans down with the button fastened! No way to wear them anymore! So I pull the jeans off, without unbuttoning them or unzipping them :smile: and then go scrounging in the closet for my 1 and 2 size smaller jeans that have been stashed away for nearly 2 years. Pull them out and start trying them on like I am in the dressing room of a department store. 2 of them I tried on fit nicely again now!!!! Hooray! One was actually too baggy (my butt must have shrunk along with my waist!) and one was still a little snug but very close. So I chose one of the pairs that fits again nicely and am wearing them today! The others I hung up in the closet in replace of my 3 pairs of "fat" jeans that are now to loose to wear! So yay, my NSV is that my smaller size jeans that haven't seen the light of day for some time are now front and center in the closet ready to be worn and the "fat" jeans are now folded and tossed in the corner! (I hope to never pull them out again, sorry "fat" jeans!) LOL! Its like a whole new wardrobe! Thanks for reading....I know, its ramblingly (yes I know that's not a word as well).

Replies

• slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Congratulations!!!!!! That is such a great feeling!! Keep up the good work!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    That is fantastic!!! I love those mornings! :bigsmile:
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    That's a brilliant NSV! Well done!
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    YAY!!!! Good work. That's a great start to Friday. :)
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    That's awesome - congratulations!
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Fantastic news! Congrats!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Congratulations!!! That's a cool NSV!
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    way to go!!! I love when that happens! Congrats :)
  • That's excellent! That's a way better feeling than going through clothes that don't fit because you gained weight. Great job doing what you are doing. You help motivate all of us!
  • That is so AWESOME. I just had a similar experience with finding that I MUST wear a belt and can remove my pants without unbuttoning/unzipping - it is a great feeling and very motivational! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    What a great way to start the morning!!! CONGRATS!!!
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Great job!!! Awesome way to start the weekend
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    YAY! Jean NSVs are awesome!!!
    Good thing you kept those jeans through the years. Now - will you get rid of the old ones or try them on again when you reach your goal weight (and share a pic of that with your MFP pals!??!).
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    YAY! Jean NSVs are awesome!!!
    Good thing you kept those jeans through the years. Now - will you get rid of the old ones or try them on again when you reach your goal weight (and share a pic of that with your MFP pals!??!).

Thanks everyone for the replies and encouragement!!

I'll keep the jeans until I reach goal and then put them on again one last time for comparison and pics. And then I will donate them to our local free store as the jeans are nearly new purchased just a few months ago!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!