Weighing on Wii Fit plus vs. scales

Lola0ne
Lola0ne Posts: 9
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
I weigh in regularly on my Wii fit plus because it seems more accurate and also measures my BMI. The scales always measure 2lbs heavier even though I weigh in with no clothes on. Anyone else find this? Also, silly question really, but my BMI is steadily decreasing but my weight has remained the same for the past two weeks. Is this simply because I'm building muscle?

Replies

• Actually my Wii Fit was a pound heavier but I figured that was because it was on carpet when I used it and not on the floor like the scale. I'm not sure about the BMI change. Let's see what other people have to say.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    as a rule, I weigh in using only the same scales, there is so much variation with these things, so if you use the same set of scales, even if they are wrong, they are ''right'' if that makes sense??

I have used the wii balance board about 3 times in my life, and I don't really believe BMI is a very good measure at all...people have different builds , and as you ay, muscle does weigh more.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    my Wii Fit Plus weighs me around the same, as our scale. I think that the type of flooring you have it on can make a difference. If you have fluffy carpet, it might be less accurate. A good hard surface is best. However, it really doesn't matter much so long as you use the same scale each time.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    I use the wii fit as well. My BMI hasn't changed even though I've been losing inches the past few weeks instead of pounds as it uses a system of averages rather than actually testing how much fat you're actually carrying. The wii fit is consistent though so it works.
  • I find that the Wii Fit weight is more accurate, as well. It's inline with my doctor's scale. You are absolutely correct about your BMI. You are gaining muscle and losing fat. Your clothes should be feeling different even though the scale isn't moving. Great Job and keep up the good work. I just started and can't wait to start seeing results.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    I think it has a lot to do with the surface you use and what type of scale. My scale and Wii measure about the same too.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    I use just one scale, the one in my bathroom. All scales have a margin of error and will read differently. Just pick either the Wii Fit scale or your bathroom scale and ignore the other. A weight scale is more of a benchmarking tool than an accuracy tool, so I would recommend using just one scale and go by that so you can measure pounds lost accurately.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    My wii fit says i'm 1 or 2 lb lighter than the scales but each time has the same weight loss eg last week as a lb and both told me that.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    My Wii has never been close to my true weight. From day one it has been anywhere from 16 to 40 pounds +/- off of what my bathroom scale reads. I have even gotten different weights 5 minutes apart. The Wii is used in the same spot on hard wood floors every time. It works great for doing the Wii games and such, but not for accurate weigh ins.
This discussion has been closed.