Positive Vibes.

Options
What a week this has been on MFP. I have seen post where people are sad, upset, mad, pissed off, rejected, depressed, and every other negative thing you can think of. There was a thread this week that was even geared towards what offends people, and I must admit that I got on that bandwagon also. Today, I want to do something different. I hereby declare today "Positive Vibration Friday".

Here are the declarations for today:
1. I will not say anything negative, even if I disagree with a comment.
2. I will encourage at least one of my friends openly.
3. I will not delete any of my friends today, even if they have not logged on for 5 days.
4. I will send at least one IM of encouragement to my MFP BFF.
5. I will request a total stranger to be my friend today.
6. I will not be judgemental about someone's nutrition or exercise.
7. I will compliment my spouse/significant other/co-worker/child/parent/in-laws...OK, may be pushing it with the in-laws, but you get the message.

If you are willing to do this today, simply respond with an affirmation of 'I will". We all know that tomorrow is not promised and life is too short to spend it on negativity. So in the words of the late great Robert(Bob) Nesta Marley...Everything is gonna be alright. Happy Friday everyone.

Always,
E.

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    "Positive Vibration Friday".....sounds kinky. lol
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    What a week this has been on MFP. I have seen post where people are sad, upset, mad, pissed off, rejected, depressed, and every other negative thing you can think of. There was a thread this week that was even geared towards what offends people, and I must admit that I got on that bandwagon also. Today, I want to do something different. I hereby declare today "Positive Vibration Friday".

Here are the declarations for today:
    1. I will not say anything negative, even if I disagree with a comment.
    2. I will encourage at least one of my friends openly.
    3. I will not delete any of my friends today, even if they have not logged on for 5 days.
    4. I will send at least one IM of encouragement to my MFP BFF.
    5. I will request a total stranger to be my friend today.
    6. I will not be judgemental about someone's nutrition or exercise.
    7. I will compliment my spouse/significant other/co-worker/child/parent/in-laws...OK, may be pushing it with the in-laws, but you get the message.

If you are willing to do this today, simply respond with an affirmation of 'I will". We all know that tomorrow is not promised and life is too short to spend it on negativity. So in the words of the late great Robert(Bob) Nesta Marley...Everything is gonna be alright. Happy Friday everyone.

Always,
    E.

This should be a DAILY thing, so definitely, I WILL. And, now that song is stuck in my head. :glasses:
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I will :love:

great post!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Here Here i will
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Here Here i will
  • Helendec1962
    Options
    slow down so I can jump on the bandwagon with you lol
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I will :smile:
  • Lovesparklesandcupcakes
    Options
    Yay yay yay - I will!!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I love this idea!

I actually sent out a handful of personal "thank you for being you" messages to my MFP BFFs yesterday! More to come.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Indeed - every day should be "positive vibe" day. While negativity will always be there - I have been guilty of this as most of us have - it is useless if not used to propel one into a better frame of mind to keep on pushing forward.

Have a most fantabulous weekend!
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Up with positivity, down with negativity! Happy Friday! :happy:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I will!:smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to you too!! I will be sending out positive vibes today for sure! :flowerforyou: