I Guess I'll be Like the Cool Kids...

scheys76
scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
And introduce myself. :smile:

I'm Dan and I've been using this site for a little over 2 weeks now. My sister showed it to me, and I've been tracking since 10/20. Main reason I'm here is to use the tools. They've made tracking everything a whole lot easier. And I like to try to help people when they have a problem and I know a possible solution. And I wouldn't mind meeting some interesting people while I'm here. I'm not really looking for motivation or support too much for myself. The combination of my stubbornness, the changes I'm seeing in the mirror, and my desire to shock my friends who know nothing about this are enough to see me through. :bigsmile:

Although I've gotten (way) out of shape in the past few years, I used to wrestle in HS and college, so I know a thing or 2 about losing weight. So, feel free to say hello.

Replies

• scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    And introduce myself. :smile:

I'm Dan and I've been using this site for a little over 2 weeks now. My sister showed it to me, and I've been tracking since 10/20. Main reason I'm here is to use the tools. They've made tracking everything a whole lot easier. And I like to try to help people when they have a problem and I know a possible solution. And I wouldn't mind meeting some interesting people while I'm here. I'm not really looking for motivation or support too much for myself. The combination of my stubbornness, the changes I'm seeing in the mirror, and my desire to shock my friends who know nothing about this are enough to see me through. :bigsmile:

Although I've gotten (way) out of shape in the past few years, I used to wrestle in HS and college, so I know a thing or 2 about losing weight. So, feel free to say hello.
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Hi scheys76-

Nice to meet you! I'm going to take you up on your offer and ask a question.....

Ok, my exercise routine consists of walking on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes 5 times a week and occassionally get on the Elliptical 20-30 minutes. I've been doing this for so long, my body decided it wasn't going to budge anymore. Any suggestions to help me boost my weight loss again?:drinker:

Thanks!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    {{leaves freak table for a second}}

Hello, welcome & good luck! :smile: :flowerforyou:

{{sits back at freak table}} :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Wecome Dan.:happy:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Dan, and welcome! I'm from NH too.
    This site really works, it WILL help you lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be fun doing it!
    I always recommend logging all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, as it tends to lead to better eating choices. Some people also weigh and or measure their food too.
    Also, drink lots of water, it really helps!
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Hi Dan,

Welcome to the MFP community.:drinker:

Hope you find it as helpful as I do.

Shauna:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Welcome to MFP
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Hi and welcome :drinker:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Hey Dan! Welcome to the boards! This is a great place ... :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Hi,
    nice to have another guy on.
    Cowboy
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    ...Although I've gotten (way) out of shape in the past few years, I used to wrestle in HS and college, so I know a thing or 2 about losing weight. So, feel free to say hello.

Hello.
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Heya! Welcome to MFP!
    *salute* :happy:
This discussion has been closed.