Lean & Learn - Stuff You Should Know Podcast

Options
Hey everyone. I've been trying to think of ideas to get me motivated to keep up with my strength training and yoga and I finally had one. I am a zumba instructor, and knowing that those women are counting on me makes it to where I NEVER miss a class, but my other workouts are another story.

Last night I had an idea, and I am inviting you all to join in with me, especially if you like podcasts like I do.
I have discovered one called "Stuff You Should Know' which is hosted by a couple of funny and relatable guys who write articles for 'HowStuffWorks.com' which is owned by the Discovery Channel. Every episode is on a different subject and covers a very wide range of topics. I have become addicted to these little bursts of knowledge and listen every day, so I figured: why not combine something I love, with something I NEED to love?

So that's where Lean & Learn comes from. Starting today, I plan to do yoga/pilates/strength training for the length of the podcast that I am listening to. They usually last about 30-40 minutes and will definitely keep my mind off of how bad my muscles hurt. I encourage you guys to join me. This could be a good alternative to music during a workout, which is nice, but can become redundant. SYSK is very interesting and makes driving a lot more fun, so why not working out.

Is anyone with me?

Replies

• skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oh cool! Just found a good app on my Droid for podcasts, will have to give this a try! I'm with you with the sore muscles, AND I'm also easily bored, so this sounds perfect :)
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I like the idea but don't have access to podcasts... I gave up my Iphone... have fun with it, I'm glad you have found something you like. Wish I was in one of your zumba classes, Im sure you are fun!