Smart phones and task killers

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
Okay, I'm gonna break down and ask for some opinions on here, since everyone's asleep on the android forums.

Do you think/know if task killers (advanced/automatic task killers) are needed on smartphones?

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have the original Droid and have never used a task killer. I don't think they are necessary.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Original Droid here. Task killers aren't really needed - the phone shuts down apps that aren't needed by rule. I do run ATK and occasionally will shut things down through that app but it's not necessarily needed (I'm just that much of a weirdo!) :)
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a HTC Evo....Never used a task killer and I have never had any problems. Task killers can do more hurt than good, because they can shut down needed processes that will cause your phone to act nutty.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have a HTC Evo....Never used a task killer and I have never had any problems. Task killers can do more hurt than good, because they can shut down needed processes that will cause your phone to act nutty.
    That makes sense.. what about force closing running apps? Do you know if this is good for the phone or not, by any change?
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    I have the HTC Inspire and I definitely use the Task Killers! I set them on very low, standard setting and mark which apps I want them to close every 30 minutes. Otherwise, my battery would be DEAD every 8 hours. I use Advanced Task Killer & JuiceDefender.