Huge NSV....

nelsonab
nelsonab Posts: 34 Member
I went shopping this past Saturday as I am having to really be careful what I'm wearing to work these days as some of it has become so big. I have been in plus size clothes for all of my adult life. So, 15 years at least (I'm 35). My weight loss has been somewhat stalled for the last few months. I keep losing and gaining the same 4-5 pounds, but I still have 50 or more to go so you can imagine my frustration. I have found however that in those stalls my body seems to redistribute it's shape.

So, I start out in the Women's (Plus) area of Belk Saturday and my husband says what size. I said I guess a 16W or 18W. He keeps pulling out 20W and showing them to me. I got frustrated because everything I pulled out looked huge, and I thought there is no way I'm buying anymore of these clothes. I have been in XL tops in regular size for a couple of months so I went to the regular dept and started looking at the clearance racks. So, helpful hubby comes over with a pair of 18 Reg jeans and says why don't you just try these on to see where you are. I'm thinking "you *kitten* you're going to make me leave here feeling bad because there is no way I can come close to wearing those". Now I have one pair of 18Reg dress pants, but face it my jeans are usually a size up because I don't have a jeans body. So, I take them in the dressing room cussing my husband under my breath the whole time. Guess what. They fit. No laying down, no sucking it in, and no fat poof hanging over the top of them (you know what I mean). I was so excited. So, today is my first casual Friday and I'm in my new jeans. I've officially moved out of the Plus size department.

Replies

• juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Ahhhhh - love those NSV's. Great job!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Aww honey! That's FANTASTIC!! Keep up the awesome job!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    fantastic keep up the good work
  • chelroxxx
    chelroxxx Posts: 13 Member
    congratulations!!!!!!! keep up the good work :)
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    way to go!!! Did you give that husband of your a kiss for realizing you needed a smaller size??
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    that is awesome! so happy for you :) i couldn't imagine how excited i would be!
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Are you going to listen to your husband more regularly now???
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Great job hubby for encouraging it! :) And great job YOU!! I'm so excited for that. I have a stack of old jeans that I cannot wait to get back into. I'm done with shopping at plus size. That's so motivating! Congratulations! Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!