Alcohol Question...

Options
I need some peoples opinions, Im about to go downtown and shoot some pool, I havent drank for about 50 days is onedrink going to kill me? I dont think I will end up drinking but what is your opinion?

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Yes it will...and we will miss you. Too Bad...LOL

Well, I never drink during a program because it will make me feel crappy the next day. If you are in the middle of Insanity it's already hard enough. It will also slow your metabolism for a few days.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I allow myself one night on the weekend for drinks. It doesnt kill me. Drink lots of water before bed, no shots, and you will be fine :)
  • healthyfat
    healthyfat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You've been doing great, a couple drinks is going to be fine. Probably will not slow weight loss for the day. Just try to still stay within your cal goals.
  • MtPilotMom
    MtPilotMom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drink WATER!!!!! That's a beverage :) Put your water in whatever the others are drinking out of so you don't feel different. Even if you have to wash out a beer bottle!
  • grtchi
    grtchi Posts: 1
    Options
    Order vodka and club soda and nurse it. I drink and still lose weight. Stay away from beer and sweet drinks.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way, are you doing some crazy diet or a lifestyle change? If its a lifestyle change, are you planning on drinking ever again at any point in your life? I assume yes... so having a few drinks wont kill you in my opinion. You don't want to deprive yourself of having fun with your friends! Balance is key, and that includes drinking for me!
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The REAL killer with alcohol is the late night munchies you get after drinking lol... Just be careful and dont gorge on the pizza and wings.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Depends... are you off alcohol for nutrition purposes or because of something else. It's definitely empty calories - but I don't think one or two can halt progress. Do a little extra cardio. Anyway - whatever the choice - be safe.
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    Options
    I do not drink often, but I do have 1 occassionally...I do not think it will kill you, but I have no clue! Good luck.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    With it being so close to the final day of Insanity, you will not get your maximum weight loss. I did one night during my 90 days and it took me 4 days to get back to the weight I was before the "party".
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    Options
    I do not drink often, but I do have 1 occassionally...I do not think it will kill you, but I have no clue! Good luck.

I usually drink dt. coke and bacardi. It is very low in calorie content!
  • ryandarby
    ryandarby Posts: 24
    Options
    Drink water between each beer. sure you'll spend have your night peeing but at least the next day you won't spend it on the toilet ill. Sometimes I'll have a few sprite and vodkas with a lime and then just ask for water with lime or sprite with lime later in the evening. I'd rather drink till I blackout sometimes though. lol :drinker:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Depends on what that drink is. :wink: A large enough glass full of Everclear might kill you. Or drunk driving might kill you.

But one or two drinks isn't going to make you gain weight.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    Order vodka and club soda and nurse it. I drink and still lose weight. Stay away from beer and sweet drinks.

This. Since I started my "serious" weight loss program I switched from standard cocktails to vodka and club soda. They're only about 70-100 calories/drink depending on how they're made and with flavored vodka they are excellent! My favorite is Three Olives Berry Vodka w/ club soda.
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    It won't hurt you. I drink whenever I like. Before training, after training, on my off days. I am still losing weight. Moderation is the only thing I would suggest. The calories still count even if they are liquid.

So here's the plan...

Anticipate how many drinks you think you'll have before you begin drinking.

Work out before you go out. This will ensure you stay committed to your exercise program.

Remember how many you are going to allow yourself to drink and have a good time.

Losing weight doesn't mean having a ****ty time. Enjoy it man and don't feel guilty.
  • ceeshelman
    ceeshelman Posts: 77
    Options
    The REAL killer with alcohol is the late night munchies you get after drinking lol... Just be careful and dont gorge on the pizza and wings.

this is so my problem. when i drink one glass of anything alcohol i am fine, discipline in tact. when i head to the second glass of anything alcohol, discipline be damned, snack cabinet look out. I am a vacuum cleaner.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    It's not having a drink that's the problem. It's having the drink that lowers your inhibitions so that you have a second (or third, etc) and start eating like a ravenous wolf late at night. What has worked for me is limiting myself to one drink, and planning ahead what food I will eat. And also I try to eat a little less that day so that I can allow myself a bit of a buffer to splurge that evening. Hope this is helpful. Have fun!
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    I appreciate all of your input, I just finished a kick *kitten* workout and im getting ready to head down town as of now I dont think Im going to drink If I do it will be something super lo cal and max 2 drinks maybe even one, I appreciate all of your suggestions/ input I will let you know what happens lol
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is my new drink! Just add a lime wedge or two. It's refreshing and keeps me within my calorie limits.