Abuelo's tortilla chips...how many in 1 ounce? HELP~!

Options
gwenmf
gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
Ok....so the girls at work have talked me into Abuelo's for lunch.....and I love nachos....MFP says 142 calories for 1 ounce....but how many chips would you estimate in an ounce?? Help me please!

Replies

• bethy0316
    bethy0316 Posts: 75
    Options
    Look up the Nutrition facts for the restaurant and see if it tells you the calories per serving and do a quick add if need be.
  • gwenmf
    Options
    I did that....it says 142 calories for 1 ounce - but I have absolutely no idea how many chips would make an ounce.......that's what I need help with!! lol
  • bethy0316
    bethy0316 Posts: 75
    Options
    LOL! I have been at work for 4 hours, my brain still apparently is on sleep time.

I would say not many ...

Sorry :yawn:
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ugh, unfortunately for all of us the serving size of tortilla chips is usually only 9-12 chips. :-(
  • gwenmf
    Options
    Yep, I agree (about the chips not your brain! lol)........I'm guessing I could savour about 5 to equal one ounce.................I need a pocket scale! is there a phone app for that??? lol
  • gwenmf
    Options
    Oh wow...you think 9-12 chips???? that's even better than I thought. I guess I could check on here for chi chi chips and see how many a serving would be.....excellent........thanks for pointing me in that direction.........I hadn't even thought about that.
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
  • gwenmf
    Options
    Here's Chi Chi's info...........http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-chi-chis-tortilla-chips-i198599

Either way, I can definitely slowly - very slowly - enjoy a few nachos (9-10 for cal 142) and a chicken fajita (cal 121)
  • gwenmf
    Options
    :smile: Sooo.....I had 9 chips..........and chicken fajitas..............two glasses of water with lemon and lime.............