Did you do workouts in addition to C25K?

Options
2»

Replies

• purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    I did C25K at my heaviest last year, and on days I wasn't running I would hit the gym for strength training, yoga, or another cardio class, though I tried to focus my "off" days on strength and yoga.

You can do it!
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Chalean Extreme on the days that I'm not running. And sometimes I'll throw in some Turbo Fire Hiit workouts depending on how I feel.
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do the Wii EA Activ 30-Day Challenge and some other abdominal and strength exercises. I take the off days that C25K suggests, and the off days built in to the 30-Day Challenge. It's been working fine for me. I've finished C25K twice before, though, so it's not like I'm new to running. I just start and restart C25K to keep me in a routine.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I do strength training on my off days and maybe a little cycling but stay away from running.

I agree w/strength training or biking. And just plain old walking is good for you too. Cross training is key to avoiding injury!!

While rest days are important, you can also get them by "resting" different muscle groups. Doesn't mean that you need to sit on your behind. I just came off 3 weeks of rest due to a knee injury and had to jump right into a training plan for an upcoming sprint tri and 10 miler. I have one full day of rest a week, and my training blocks are such that I get a break for my legs at least every 2 days.