Accidentally married...

Options
13»

Replies

• kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    major awww moment.
    congratulations and best wishes :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful day!! Congratulations!! :drinker:

What a neat idea to, this way you can enjoy your wedding day!

We are growing our own flowers for our wedding as well, how neat!! :flowerforyou:
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love your story. I wish you all the best.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet! That almost made me cry! Congratulations!!! Praying a blessing over your marriage!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And now you'll always have 2 anniversaries to celebrate, how fun!

Congratulations!:drinker:

But as mentioned, and as men we know we don't always remember dates.
    You better have both dates memorized for an anniversary, because you know the wife will. :smile:
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    *swoooon* How romantic! :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    We were married on paper in Japan, and had a party, but felt far more married once we'd had our blessing in a church here in England.

My cousin is doing the same too. The wedding was already planned, but then a surprise baby came along, so they married ASAP and will have the big party when the baby is a year old.

You sound so in love. Long may it continue :flowerforyou:
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Haha when I saw 'accidentally' married I thought alcohol would be involved....that wasn't an accident it was just suprisingly earlier than you thought :)

We had a similar situation. Legally married in Mach 05 b/c we needed health ins. but didn't have our 'real wedding' juntil June of 06. When people ask us how long we've been married sometimes they get five or six years, depending on who they are (legal docs) or friends w/e. Although we didn't 'feel' married after the first ceremony, it did take away from our big wedding a tiny bit later, but it couldn't really be helped, so I don't regret it.

Congratulations!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats!:heart:
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness. How exciting for you, yo are married and yet you get to experience it all over with all the pomp and circumstance in September. Enjoy!
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That's a great story. And... i got married in no shoes so beat that:)
    The best part is now you two can thoroughly enjoy your wedding; no wondering if the other will have a change of heart.
    Congrats!

For my real wedding I have specially designed leather Converse in the color of the wedding that say "I DO" on them. I don't know if that beats barefoot, but it must rank up there. :)

Thank you all for your congrats! So far it has been a good day and a half of marriage. I haven't done anything to screw it up yet. :)
    As for anyone who likes the idea of growing your own bouquet, I recommend planting zinnias and dahlias, as they are easy to grow, hardy and come in just about any color you could want.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a funny story, one you will tell over and over I'm sure!

I live in CT, I'm dying to know which town Bob is Mayor of! And if you haven't gotten a florist yet, I know an amzing one in Branford!

Best of luck to you!
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a funny story, one you will tell over and over I'm sure!

I live in CT, I'm dying to know which town Bob is Mayor of! And if you haven't gotten a florist yet, I know an amzing one in Branford!

Best of luck to you!

He is the mayor of Prospect. He has been the mayor there for 34 years, the longest in the history of the town.