I am also new

cinrosier
cinrosier Posts: 14
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I have actually had an account for awhile but haven't been on the boards. So here I am. I need to lose at least 75 pounds. I am tryin to count calories but am having a heck of a time. I know its not easy but I just cant get my groove on. Everyday I start and everyday I give up. Specially since halloween my favorite holiday. I am 36. My mom is diabetic hihg blood pressure and all that not so good stuff. She just had gastric. There is nothing wrong with that but I dont want to do it. I am considered obese. 5'5" 224 pounds. I watch the Biggest Loser and see people who weigh the same and immediately say do I look like that? Well look at me I am whining and depressed. I need some help, advice, friends maybe a little of all of the above. Has anyone else felt like their at the end of their rope. Help plz?
Peace.

Replies

• I have actually had an account for awhile but haven't been on the boards. So here I am. I need to lose at least 75 pounds. I am tryin to count calories but am having a heck of a time. I know its not easy but I just cant get my groove on. Everyday I start and everyday I give up. Specially since halloween my favorite holiday. I am 36. My mom is diabetic hihg blood pressure and all that not so good stuff. She just had gastric. There is nothing wrong with that but I dont want to do it. I am considered obese. 5'5" 224 pounds. I watch the Biggest Loser and see people who weigh the same and immediately say do I look like that? Well look at me I am whining and depressed. I need some help, advice, friends maybe a little of all of the above. Has anyone else felt like their at the end of their rope. Help plz?
    Peace.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome. I wasn't "at the end of my rope" as you called it, but, I was pretty depressed and hated the way that I looked. I tried just about every diet and program out there, but just couldn't seem to lose much at all, and then just gained it right back anyway. UNTIL I came to MFP. It's NOT a diet. I hear the word diet and right away, I think of being deprived of all the "good stuff", and that it wouldn't be long before I "caved" and gained the weight right back. MFP REALLY, REALLY works, take it from someone who NEVER, EVER thought I'd lose the weight that I so desperately wanted to lose.
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
    As for exercise, it doesn't have to be torture. I take a walk almost every day, and I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored.
This discussion has been closed.