More Protein, Less Fat... How!?

Options
I need to be taking in more lean protein than I have been. But what are some good options that won't make me go over in fats? Quick and easy options would be awesome!

Thanks! :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Nonfat plain greek yogurt!! 23gms protein, no fat!!! You can add some stevia for sweetner, a little cinammon for flavor, fruit, etc.
  • laurad8911
    laurad8911 Posts: 99
    Options
    i second that, greek yogurt rules
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I just have larger portions of meat. Mostly chicken, but sometimes pork, beef or fish. I typically have 6-8 oz per serving rather than 4 oz.
  • gloriaqzhao
    gloriaqzhao Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Go seafood, especially shrimp! Shrimp is high protein, low fat and low calorie. Baked fish, scallop, crab leg, are all good choices. Also turkey breast is a good choice, you can have deli turkey breast, turkey burger, or roasted turkey.
  • alisonbank
    alisonbank Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You could try adding TVP (texturized vegetable protein) to your meals. It's made with soy but adds protein without the fats.

It's easy to google TVP recipes. Lots of people add to or use it instead of meat in tacos, meatloaf, burgers, etc.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt can be used lots of ways. I like it with fruit and maybe a bit of cinnamon or other spice. I also like adding it to a fruit smoothie; it makes it so creamy and adds just a bit of tartness which is nice.

Seafood is great for adding protein without much fat.

Egg white omlettes work great to add protein to breakfast. Use plenty of veggies or some meat or a bit of low fat cheese to give them lots of flavor.
  • jarnie
    jarnie Posts: 6
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with frozen mango in the blender with a little water or skim mik...I use 3 oz yogurt and about 1 oz of milk just to have more liquid to blend and splenda a couple packs.

or hard boiled eggs as a snack between meals with a piece of fruit.

almonds are good...natural, no salt or roasted
  • Qhoney24
    Qhoney24 Posts: 31
    Options
    I second the greek made with a smoothie.. I load up on nothing but protein, fruits and veggies. I eat tuna salads alot and also i drinka protein shakes morning and after a weight workout so i tend to go over in that sometimes.. But really any kind of lean meat will give you that kick you need.
  • lauralou23
    lauralou23 Posts: 64
    Options
    These are all great tips! Thank you! I can't wait to make a smoothie with greek yogurt now... I just discovered my 15 month old (who I cannot get to eat meat) LOVES smoothies so maybe thats a way she can get some protein too.
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Put some ranch mix seasoning (you know, those little packets...) in greek yogurt, then dip veggies in. Grass fed beef is lower in fat than regular, so I've been grilling steak and then a day later make fajitas.