Be Careful at Subway

Options
I went there this morning after doing my walk. I got one of there 6 inch black forest ham, egg white and chese flatbread sandwich. The sign on the glass case said it was only 170 calories. I logged in on here and it said that the sandwich had 370 caloies. I emailed Subway and told them what I thought. I hope they listen.

Replies

• CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Ooh, typo!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that the one listed on here had modifications done to it? Usually what's listed at Subway is just the sandwich itself with no added anything (except maybe veggies).
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Was it a user-added item? Did you check Subway's website for nutrition info?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Some people live and die by Subway food, but in reality it's really not that healthy, at least that's how I feel. Very high sodium meats and in the bread as well.

I haven't eaten there in I don't know how long, I much prefer preparing food at home so I can be sure of what's in it. :flowerforyou:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Ouch. That sucks. If you do go to subway, there's a nifty little tool you can use to "build your sandwich" to determine nutritional info.

http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/menu/flatbread/
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    How could ham, egg, cheese and bread possibly only have 170 calories? Sometimes you have to do a sense-check.
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    Some people live and die by Subway food, but in reality it's really not that healthy, at least that's how I feel. Very high sodium meats and in the bread as well.

I haven't eaten there in I don't know how long, I much prefer preparing food at home so I can be sure of what's in it. :flowerforyou:

I agree it's better to eat at home for the same reason you stated, but it's not always possible. I think that in comparison, Subway isn't as bad as say McDonalds, Taco Bell, (random fast food chain here).
    The sodium can be a bit high but if I know I'm going to be out that day, I plan my other meals around that. I've also been told to try the flatbreads as opposed to the regular breads to make it even healthier.
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a leaflet and it says it has 350 calories. On here the whole sandwich is 370 calories. I didn't list items by their self.
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    Ouch. That sucks. If you do go to subway, there's a nifty little tool you can use to "build your sandwich" to determine nutritional info.

http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/menu/flatbread/

I didn't know about that tool; thank you!!!!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Subway is so unhealthy anyway. Their breads and flatbreads are loaded with HFCS and the sodium count for all their stuff is through the roof. It's easier, healthier, and cheaper to just make your own!
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    That's weird, because the Subway provided signage at my local store is what convinced me not to eat there! LOL
    http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/nutritionlist.aspx?id=breadtop

This page shows that NONE of their breads or flat breads come out at anything less than 200 calories and that's before adding so much as a scrap of meat or cheese.
  • etaven
    etaven Posts: 25
    Options
    Often, I've noticed that the low calorie stuff listed at places like that are for the absolute smallest size you can get... essentially what equates to a bite's worth of sandwich, hah. Maybe it was listed for something like that...
  • Jessy0383
    Jessy0383 Posts: 42
    Options
    Totally agree with the ladies...I went the other day and I saw some oatmeal cookies...so I said well let me treat myself with 2 oatmeal cookies and when I checked online each cookie has 200 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I I almost throw up....200 calories for a cookiiiiiieeeeee......ufff NO MORE FOR ME
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Subway is so unhealthy anyway. Their breads and flatbreads are loaded with HFCS and the sodium count for all their stuff is through the roof. It's easier, healthier, and cheaper to just make your own!

Plus they taste horrible!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Even the smell of Subway makes me feel sick.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    JERRAD Is not going to like you dissin his subway !!!!!
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why we can't get the wrap. The flatbread has as much calorie as any of the other breads. Hard to get a low calorie sub when the bread itself is so much.
  • gloriaqzhao
    gloriaqzhao Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That sucks, but don not get upset after a treat. 3500 extra calories will only add 1 pound to you. The negative guilty feeling does more evil to you than the 400 calories. Just work out for 1 extra hour, it is easily used up.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm boycotting Subway regardless. I went last week to get a simple sammitch with the veggie patty (very filling!) So I ask what's taking so long..
    the girl responds "We have to microwave it"
    ... why are you microwaving it? I thought it was toasted on the sammitch...
    ..."well it was in the freezer, so it would be fresh"

That is NOT fresh!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Plus they taste horrible!
    Not if you get extra jalapeños and extra "Hot Chilli Sauce" on it. Then you can't taste anything. :laugh: