Logging In On MFP While Eating..

Options
I have been logging into MFP while eating and entering in what im eating while im eating it, It seems to help, because I eat slower, and I feel more motivated to only what I can and not to wait to clear the plate.. (unless its the healthy food)
and also I have noticed if you eat your veggies and fruit first, your more likely to get full on that, rather than eating your main entree :)

Replies

• Jthurston1
    Jthurston1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I log in while eating too! Makes it much easier not having to remember what I've eaten!! While cooking dinner I also use the create recipe too and when I use and ingredient I enter it in! Then I know exactly how much I can have! So greatful for MFP! I'm cooking sweet and sour mango chicken in my crockpot now! Less than 200 calories per serving! :)
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I do the complete opposite: I plan my meals the night before, that way I know that's what I'm getting and that's IT.
    I'm glad you found something that works for you! :)
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    so cool...me too!
  • sahalcomb
    sahalcomb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I log in while eating too! Makes it much easier not having to remember what I've eaten!! While cooking dinner I also use the create recipe too and when I use and ingredient I enter it in! Then I know exactly how much I can have! So greatful for MFP! I'm cooking sweet and sour mango chicken in my crockpot now! Less than 200 calories per serving! :)

Need that recipe please!:happy:
  • beaglegal
    beaglegal Posts: 15
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that does this!
  • StephEx
    StephEx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just find it so much easier, Im not saying I dont plan my meals ahead, Cause I do, But if I decide I want to throw some tomatoes and peppers into my eggs, than while im eating I enter it in! :)

Yes I want that chicken recipe too Please!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I log before - as far in advance as possible!

There is no sense in me loggin after I have eaten something (or whilst I am eating it)

By logging it in advance I can make swaps / see how many cals I have to play with.

I know pretty much what I will snack on too - of course I will have things not 'planned' but on the whole planning the bulk of what I am going to eat keeps me on the right track!
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I eat and log too. Only sometimes I feel a little obsessed because I'm not enjoying my food as much as I should, instead I'm getting my thrills from hunting it down and logging it, every last morsel. crazy? :huh:
  • StephEx
    StephEx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Haha Im the same Way! Although yesterday I cheated I had a tiny amount of chips and pop, First in 2 weeks though!
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I log while I eat too! Most of the time anyways....Going to Cracker Barrell tonight..This should be pretty haha!
  • kristengraham
    kristengraham Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals the night before... that way I know exactly what I can and can't have. I work 2 jobs... so I have 14 hour work days. It's much easier for me to grab what I know I can have than to stand there pondering... hmm.... how many calories did I have left???