Curious...Best tool you've purchased?

Options

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    So true about the smartphones. My phone allows me to use MFP, Runkeeper app, stopwatch and timer apps, look up nutritional info for restaurants, listen to free music while working out, etc etc. Definitely would be lost without the phone. Great Investment!

Yes, I cannot fathom going to the gym without my phone anymore. I would be lost without the music and tracking all of my workouts. Then again, I'm sort of a stats geek so I like to track all of my numbers for lifts, walks, and runs.
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I would have to say my Iphone first for all the great apps(including MFP), then Id say my gym membership with all the classes. There arent many i havent tried and I usually cant wait to get to the next class!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    So true about the smartphones. My phone allows me to use MFP, Runkeeper app, stopwatch and timer apps, look up nutritional info for restaurants, listen to free music while working out, etc etc. Definitely would be lost without the phone. Great Investment!

Yes, I cannot fathom going to the gym without my phone anymore. I would be lost without the music and tracking all of my workouts. Then again, I'm sort of a stats geek so I like to track all of my numbers for lifts, walks, and runs.

Same here. I think my iPhone is actually a motivating factor behind my fitness. So much easier than using a notebook + iPod + separate websites.
  • rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options
    1. My Fitbit
    2. My Vibrams (I love walking so much now)
    3. Food scale
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    1.MFP
    2.HRM
    3.Smartphone for keeping track and having music for the gym.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    1. Bodymedia FIT
    2. Food scale
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    The book Body For Life. I think it was about $2.98, used.

Coming in at a close second - powerblock dumbbells. They're dumbbells that adjust from 5 lbs to 90 lbs. Perfect for the home gym.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My top ones are:-

1) Smart phone, I would never have found MFP and its so handy to log all food and stuff on the go
    2) Proper running shoes and socks I don't get blisters anymore
    3) Gym membership, I have noticed such a difference and getting fitter has been such a confidence boost and that really priceless (maybe cliche but true!)
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    my food scale because I use it all the time, but my bodymedia fit comes in a close second!
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    What's a BodyBugg? I'm from the UK:drinker:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    A stationary bike I purchased with birthday money for my 40th. When it's too hot outside to do anything else (which is 4 months out of the year!) I can watch TV and ride my bike.
  • NeverStopRunning
    Options
    For me it wasmy Garmin forerunner GPS watch. I love it and use it on every run to track distance, time, pace and calories burned.

ETA: Also my kettlebells - best workout around, imo!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    BodyBugg... never would have figured why I was only losing 2 out of 4 weeks without it. Now I lose every week. :bigsmile:

Whats body bugg.. and where can I get it?
  • liftingbro
    Options

It's the same thing as the Ki Fit in the UK.

http://www.kiperformance.co.uk/

Basically it tracks your metabolism and activity by using an accelormeter, skin temp, sweat, and stress levels. The BodyMedia fit is the same thing as well, though it has better software.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

The same as a BodyMedia Fit in the US with a different distributor... It's called Ki Fit in the UK. An armband which uses several metrics to calculate daily calorie burn.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    1 Food Scale
    2 Good Shoes, (for me New Balance 574)
    3 Gym Membership
  • liftingbro
    Options
    BodyBugg... never would have figured why I was only losing 2 out of 4 weeks without it. Now I lose every week. :bigsmile:

Whats body bugg.. and where can I get it?

www.bodybugg.com or any 24hr fitness or buy used for half the price on Ebay.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    My Iphone by far!
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I know it doesn't totally fit within the question, but for me it's FOOD!
    Learning how to grocery shop in a way that facilitates me achieving my goals. Getting away from the frozen food aisle (except for frozen veggies), getting acquainted with the produce section (seriously, I never went much before), reading labels while in the store instead of after consuming a meal, and buying products that go together to form meals instead of buying prepackaged cop-out meals.

But for one major purchase: my yoga mat :flowerforyou:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I know it doesn't totally fit within the question, but for me it's FOOD!
    Learning how to grocery shop in a way that facilitates me achieving my goals. Getting away from the frozen food aisle (except for frozen veggies), getting acquainted with the produce section (seriously, I never went much before), reading labels while in the store instead of after consuming a meal, and buying products that go together to form meals instead of buying prepackaged cop-out meals.

Love this! Great answer!