Confessions of slovenly wife

Options

Replies

• tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    When I left vegas I had a storage that I was unable to pay for anymore,sometimes I imagine the looks on the faces of whoever won the auction for my locker since it was full of many interesting items lol

Do tell!

Well Ibesides the big trunk full of various sex toys (as a manager of the store I always got samples and free products from the various companies) I had costumes. I also had a dirt bike helmet I had put handle bars on lol oh and a sex swing and one blow up doll

HAHAHAHAHHA
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    When I was in school, I only got sent to the principal one time.

It was for punching a boy in the face that called me fat.

LOL - He deserved it....
    I got sent one time in elementary for wearing spaghetti straps to school in the SECOND grade.... Seriously???? :cry: That teacher was just RUDE.

I'm not saying I'm OLD or anything, but I got SENT HOME from elementary school one time FOR WEARING PANTS! (instead of a dress) Just a regular raggedy ole' neighborhood elementary school.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    When I left vegas I had a storage that I was unable to pay for anymore,sometimes I imagine the looks on the faces of whoever won the auction for my locker since it was full of many interesting items lol

Do tell!

Well Ibesides the big trunk full of various sex toys (as a manager of the store I always got samples and free products from the various companies) I had costumes. I also had a dirt bike helmet I had put handle bars on lol oh and a sex swing and one blow up doll

WAS IT A SHATNER???
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    ummm who does check in? seriously do people really do stuff like that? I mean really grown up married people?

I've been surprised by how many of my married friends call to check in during a night out. Sometimes it's more than once. My mom is like this with her husband (my stepfather) and always asks me when we're out, "do you need to call W?" I always answer, "No. Why?"
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Must be a strange world were grown ups get to call home to check up on each other on a night out, good grief. I would expect a call to say something like 'you know I am out and was going to be home...well I have had a drink and so am going to stay over...or I just saw an accident on the road outside, don't worry if you hear about it, not me...stuff like that maybe
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Im friends with my ex boyfriends ex girlfriend whom Ive never met. She friended me on FB and we started talking about him and compared notes and find out we were both double crossed. Mind you, he and I were together 10 years ago when I was 17 so at least I can blame being 17 and stupid on it :laugh:

Im TERRIFIED of the square drains at the bottom of some commercial pools.. To the point where I won't even go in that pool. Ive had this irrational fear since I was 7 about the drain coming to get me :noway:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Oh and stay at home parents, its a job too, harder than lots of other jobs, you are not a slave or some sort of domestic appliance, just because one parent works outside the home and gets a pay cheque, the other is working longer hours for FREE, it does not mean that the one who gets to swan off to the office every morning gets to be a lazy *kitten* do nothing when they get home. I would still expect equal shares on cooking, cleaning and shopping.

At the risk of offending all the feminists on here, thats bullsh!t.

That job isn't that hard. Yes, it's tiring, its depressing, its irritating, and extremely time consuming, but if you think spouse is gonna be fine with you not working, and not cleaning, and not cooking, and acting like your job is so terribly hard, good luck with that.

I'm not talking EVERY day have everything perfect, by any means. I'm saying give it your best effort.

THIS APPLIES TO MEN OR WOMEN.

The one staying at home isn't working for free. They are working for food, clothes, a spouse that loves them, and a house and car and.... Just because they don't get paid money doesn't mean they are "working for free".

I can't stand people that act like being a stay at home dad or mom is the hardest job in the world. Seriously? Quite with the entitlement mentality. I design things where if I screw up, hundreds of people could die. THATS stress.

P.S. Not attacking anyone in particular, I'm making generalized statements.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    ummm who does check in? seriously do people really do stuff like that? I mean really grown up married people?
    Only time I ever called home when I was out, was because I was going to be later than I said I would be....by more than an hour. Because he should assume I'm going to be at least an hour later than I said since he made me give him a time. (yeah, we're not together anymore. lol)
  • kdtann
    kdtann Posts: 89
    Options
    I hate when people can't do things on their own once they are married. LIke have their own girls night without the hubby. I have several friends this way.

Really? Why can't you have a girls night? I would shoot myself if I could only hang out with JUST my husband.

Usually it's because the girls are afraid the men will want a night out.. I have several friends like this. I hate it...I end up
    going out with my mom..lol but she is a lot of fun at 72...
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I know my dog is the best dog ever, seriously, she is amazing!

I don't understand how people can have so many unwanted pregnancies! I hate seeing women with 3 or 4 kids, feeding them junk food and ignoring them. Didn't you learn with the first one? use protection!

I want to cry/ punch a mom in the face when I see her give a baby a full bottle of soda! why would you do that!!!!

I am not sure if this is true ever where, but I can not stand when parents give their daughters big trucks when they trun 16. They can't see over the stearing wheel, and it is not safer on ice roads due to the lighter rear end. I know so many people who I have never put anything in the bed of the truck they just had to have!!
  • karenjoy
    Options
    Oh and stay at home parents, its a job too, harder than lots of other jobs, you are not a slave or some sort of domestic appliance, just because one parent works outside the home and gets a pay cheque, the other is working longer hours for FREE, it does not mean that the one who gets to swan off to the office every morning gets to be a lazy *kitten* do nothing when they get home. I would still expect equal shares on cooking, cleaning and shopping.

That job isn't that hard. Yes, it's tiring, its depressing, its irritating, and extremely time consuming, but if you think spouse is gonna be fine with you not working, and not cleaning, and not cooking, and acting like your job is so terribly hard, good luck with that.

I'm not talking EVERY day have everything perfect, by any means. I'm saying give it your best effort.

The one staying at home isn't working for free. They are working for food, clothes, a spouse that loves them, and a house and car and.... Just because they don't get paid money doesn't mean they are "working for free".

I can't stand people that act like being a stay at home dad or mom is the hardest job in the world. Seriously? Quite with the entitlement mentality. I design things where if I screw up, hundreds of people could die. THATS stress.

You try and find someone to look after three kids, clean and cook and do laundry for less money than you earn doing what ever it is you do...good luck with that. You never took care of three kids did you? I don't mean babysat for an afternoon, I mean took 'care of' I imagine that if you did, then you would feel differently.

I am lucky that I have a man who realises that 'working at home' is as valuable and hard as going out to work, he doesn't expect to be waited on hand and foot, he does his fair share like he should. My kids are grown now and I have a job where I leave the house and get a pay cheque, I never ever work as hard as I did with three toddlers.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

I want to cry/ punch a mom in the face when I see her give a baby a full bottle of soda! why would you do that!!!!

is this for real?!? This is HORRENDOUS.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    My girlfriend and I plan on taking separate leaves from work at different times to do the "stay at home with new baby" thing. Most companies now actually offer leave for men. If I'm working for a company that does that at the time I'm doing it. In the words of Lois Griffin: "if you ask me, feminism is about choice. I choose to be a wife and mother."
  • ak_in_ak
    Options

I have no idea if this is an Alaskan thing, but I see it all the time, it is terrible. Or a whole bag of cotten candy! it makes me so mad! I see it a lot in the Alaska native poulation, there is limited amount of fresh food in the villages so they drink a lot of soda and stuff like that. If it is possible I don't want my kids to ever have fast food or soda.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My close single-mom friends that GET child support, know better then to complain to me, I work my *kitten* off to support my child with no help. Yes I know who the father is, and he decided he didnt want to be a father, I had his rights sealed. $3500 to seal his rights $10,000+ to hunt him down and try to get him to court so I could win SOME TYPE of child support then risk a judge granting him visitation to screw with my childs head? No thank you! I didnt start dating without a child present until I moved to AZ and my parents "watch him" after he's in bed for the night, rarely before. I have had most of my clothes since before I was pregnant, as well as shoes.

If you get enough child support to cover half your rent and all your daycare expenses, plus get every other weekend where your children go to a loving home and you go out and party. DO NOT complain to me when you dont have money to buy a $100 dress:explode: Do not complain that dad is more like a "fun uncle" atleast yours has a decent role model (for the most part):mad: and when you have a closet full of $80 shirts $150 slacks, god only know how expensive of Gucci shoes (that I KNOW are this season so you did not get a "deal") do not complain about buying your child a $40 bike
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

I have no idea if this is an Alaskan thing, but I see it all the time, it is terrible. Or a whole bag of cotten candy! it makes me so mad! I see it a lot in the Alaska native poulation, there is limited amount of fresh food in the villages so they drink a lot of soda and stuff like that. If it is possible I don't want my kids to ever have fast food or soda.

my kids (10 and 6) actually have bought the cotton candy bags before, BUT only on occassion.... (sigh) I know, I know....
  • ak_in_ak
    Options
    My close single-mom friends that GET child support, know better then to complain to me, I work my *kitten* off to support my child with no help. Yes I know who the father is, and he decided he didnt want to be a father, I had his rights sealed. $3500 to seal his rights $10,000+ to hunt him down and try to get him to court so I could win SOME TYPE of child support then risk a judge granting him visitation to screw with my childs head? No thank you! I didnt start dating without a child present until I moved to AZ and my parents "watch him" after he's in bed for the night, rarely before. I have had most of my clothes since before I was pregnant, as well as shoes.

If you get enough child support to cover half your rent and all your daycare expenses, plus get every other weekend where your children go to a loving home and you go out and party. DO NOT complain to me when you dont have money to buy a $100 dress:explode: Do not complain that dad is more like a "fun uncle" atleast yours has a decent role model (for the most part):mad: and when you have a closet full of $80 shirts $150 slacks, god only know how expensive of Gucci shoes (that I KNOW are this season so you did not get a "deal") do not complain about buying your child a $40 bike

I don't have kids, but my mom worked for WIC and would tell me all sorts of stories of people abusing the system and how they claimed they didn't have diapers but have a brand new car and a iPhone.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options

I am raising 4 children 1 of whom has autism. I cook, clean, and do laundry. I mow the lawns and I make sure all 4 children do their school work. I go to parent teacher conferences, volunteer in the kids class, go to back to school nights and attend regular IEP meetings (for a child with special needs in the school system). Bring home papers to correct for one of my kids teachers. I volunteer to teach a wed. night class for 1rst and 2nd graders at my church. I spent a year and a half crying most days because we did not know what was wrong with our son and why he did not act or talk like other children his age. I went to his kindergarten class everyday to try to help him get through his day. In the midst of all this I still did all the jobs I mentioned above in addition to that I still do special things for my husband who brings home the cash. I work 7 days a week sometimes I am on call in the middle of the night. I clean up vomit, poop, and snot in addition to any other gross thing a kid can make a mess with. My job is pretty difficult at times. But you know what it is the best most rewarding job I could ever have. But to have some man who has never done this job kinda bash it is insulting!

I know you said that you were not attacking anyone in particular and I don't feel attacked but I did think you needed to be educated on the job of a stay at home parent. If I mess up on this journey I could destroy 4 lives that mean the world to me. The people whose lives are in my hands are the MOST important people I know. So to act like the job of a stay at home parent is small and meaningless is an insult to ALL parents who chose to do this difficult job full time. I agree with your comment on payment that is true. You just had such a callous almost snotty attitude about the job I do everyday including weekends and holidays.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options

I am raising 4 children 1 of whom has autism. I cook, clean, and do laundry. I mow the lawns and I make sure all 4 children do their school work. I go to parent teacher conferences, volunteer in the kids class, go to back to school nights and attend regular IEP meetings (for a child with special needs in the school system). Bring home papers to correct for one of my kids teachers. I volunteer to teach a wed. night class for 1rst and 2nd graders at my church. I spent a year and a half crying most days because we did not know what was wrong with our son and why he did not act or talk like other children his age. I went to his kindergarten class everyday to try to help him get through his day. In the midst of all this I still did all the jobs I mentioned above in addition to that I still do special things for my husband who brings home the cash. I work 7 days a week sometimes I am on call in the middle of the night. I clean up vomit, poop, and snot in addition to any other gross thing a kid can make a mess with. My job is pretty difficult at times. But you know what it is the best most rewarding job I could ever have. But to have some man who has never done this job kinda bash it is insulting!

I know you said that you were not attacking anyone in particular and I don't feel attacked but I did think you needed to be educated on the job of a stay at home parent. If I mess up on this journey I could destroy 4 lives that mean the world to me. The people whose lives are in my hands are the MOST important people I know. So to act like the job of a stay at home parent is small and meaningless is an insult to ALL parents who chose to do this difficult job full time. I agree with your comment on payment that is true. You just had such a callous almost snotty attitude about the job I do everyday including weekends and holidays.

You are a personal hero of mine already. Raising a child with autism is not easy. I know not as a parent, but as a former caregiver/teacher of autistic children, and having an aunt that has two autistic kids I used to help with. Rock on, YOU are a real rockstar!
  • karenjoy
    Options

Bravo :flowerforyou:

P.S. My son has ADHD and is on the spectrum also, I could not find anyone who would take care of him for me when he was a toddler, he was too hard work.