Looking for some friends to complete this journey with me!

Options
Gaia85
Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
Hi!

As of July 4, I joined myfitnesspal and am eager to get myself to a new confident me! As my profile explains, I've been overweight most of my life and it has really done a number on my confidence. I rarely put myself out there around new people.

I'm tired of hiding my personality and I'm tired of being physically unfit! It's time for a change and I'd love to make these changes with some of the lovely people on this site.

A bit more about me:

I'm 26. I live in Manhattan. I'm a high school teacher. I'm looking to lose about 60 - 67lb all together, though my first big goal is 47lb away.

I try to eat around 1230 calories a day but often fall short (and I'm not trying to fall short, I just find that I don't eat as much when I'm counting calories).

I am trying to work out for an hour each day for 70 days (starting July 1). This might change once school kicks in. I'm on week 3 of the Couch to 5K running program, Day 5 of the 30 Day Shred and walking, swimming or biking on days I don't run. If money permits, I'm looking into taking some private swimming lessons to improve my form and speed.

This is an all around lifestyle change for me (my previous attempts never included the goal to become physically fit) and I would love to make this lifestyle change with others!

Let's support each other!

Replies

• Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    Welcome and please feel free to add me as a friend. I finished day 23 of the 30DS today and I'm on Week 5 Day 3 of C25K... I do 30DS everyday and C25K everyother....I'm going to start ripped in 30 when I'm done with 30DS.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a good start. Welcome aboard! Just don't wear yourself out, our bodies need rest sometimes. Don't be afraid to take it (especially in excessive heat). I will add you for extra support/encouragement.

I can tell you that I am 5'3" and have lost almost 50 lbs over the last 10 months. My profile gives more info. Congrats on the weight loss so far.
  • Katreece0982
    Options
    Awesome results! I just started Myfitnesspal on Monday. I was so distrubed with my daily intake - then to top that off I tried on bathing suits that didn't look good at all! Soooo...needless to say I had a melt down. But it was needed - I needed to see the numbers and I needed to see the reality, for that I am grateful. It has motivated me on so many levels right now.

It's just the beginning for me but since Tuesday between me watching what I eat, working out and drinking water I have already lost 2.5 pounds - AWESOME for me.

Keep doing what you are doing - you so motivated me!
  • Oyinda91
    Oyinda91 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I just started yesterday and I too have been struggling with my weight all my life
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome..u are on you way! Being on this site has made a HUGE difference for me. I may not have alot to lose but losing has been the hardest part. Without the MFP family I could not have done it. Add me if you want.
  • Mauidreams
    Options
    I just started 15 minutes ago. YOU are on the right track!!! Keep it up and we are all here to motivate each other, I know you can do it. You can add me as a friend and I will be happy to support you as well. We all could use it!
  • gr8birdie
    gr8birdie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome and it sounds like you are in your way. The people here are awesome and always there. Feel free to add me!!!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm Sharon. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to join us on this journey. Feel free to add me.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    You've provided some inspiration to me! We're the same height, because my current weight is your starting weight, and you've already lost weight! Plus you're doing a lot of great exercise. I sent you a friend request. :)
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You guys are truly amazing! Thank you so much. Everyone here is an inspiration! I can't wait to friend you all and support each other. I'm about to leave the Internet zone but I look forward to getting home and spend some time on here!