Anyone have the BODYBUGG?

Options
clohessy
clohessy Posts: 394 Member
I was thinking of getting one. I see they are on sale online. Pro vs cons ? Do you like it?

Replies

• kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    bump
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I thought about getting one also but I decided against it mostly because of the subscription fees.
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    They are EXPENSIVO and they don't work unless you do the monthly contract, too, which I think is like $10 or $15 per month. I'm not sure what your main goal is, but what I did was buy a little scale to weigh all my food to enter calories and a Polar Heart Rate Monitor to measure what I burn when I do my activities.
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It does kinda suck that you have to pay subscription fees, but I really love mine. I wear mine 23 hours a day(you can't wear it in the water). I love that I finally know how many calories I'm burning when I'm working out. I was always over or underestimating before I got it. I will say that their food database is absolute crap(which is why I track all of that here). If the price and subscription fees are too high, there are quite a few other products on the market, like Body Media FIT(same company), Fitbit, GoWear Fit, and Sensewear, just to name a few. I would do some research to determine which is the best product for you and your budget!
  • vickyd205
    vickyd205 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the Bodybugg SP and I love it! I have had it for 2 weeks now and it has made a huge difference to me. Now that I know what my daily calorie burn is (which is quite a bit different than the calculations on MFP, BTW) I have been able to adjust my calories to maximize my weight loss. Previously, I was almost a month into a plateau and couldn't figure out how to nudge myself off of it but after looking at my calories burned (and taking advantage of the free coaching session) I realized that I actually wasn't eating enough. This past week, I completely re-vamped my eating plan and now adjust it daily depending on calories burned and have lost almost 4 lbs since Sunday.

I know I'm a new user and still in the "honeymoon" stage but it has already been a useful tool for me...also, since I bought the SP version, it synchs with an app on my I-Phone so I can quickly update my info. I do still use MFP for tracking my food (the BB site isn't the best for that) but my coach showed me how to utilize the BB site to just update either daily calorie totals or totals by meal so I can see my daily calorie deficit at a glance. Mine came with a 6 month subscription but after that I will have to pay a subscription fee...if it continues to help me as much as it has so far then I'll gladly pay it.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Get a fitbit! They are super tiny, do the EXACT same thing, track your sleep patterns, and the subscription to their syncing website is FREE. AND, it's only $99, which is cheaper than the bodybugg!
    www.fitbit.com