What to drink at the bar???

Options
I have a friend’s birthday this weekend and she is having a party bus. I want to go out and have drinks with everyone but I also don't want to go over calories or use all my calories on booze. and suggestions for low calorie drinks?

Replies

• BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic is pretty low in calories.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Water? LOL! If your friends are like my friends, that is sooooo not happening. I opt to drink vodka and club soda with lime. Just don't drink too many. :P
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    If I have to drink I usually only have Diet Coke and Rum. It's pretty good, I usually get buzzed on one or two, which definitely doesn't put me over my calorie goals. I also make sure to exercise before going so I know if I burn 500 calories I can have liek 3-4 drinks.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    Vodka (plain or flavored) and club soda. 70-100 calories per drink depending on how much alcohol is put in the drink.
  • braunle
    braunle Posts: 16
    Options
    Now thats what I call smart drinking :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet or vodka tonic. I like rum and diet coke too.

Sounds like fun!!! We went on a party bus last year for a frineds bday, it was a blast!!!
  • kportelli70
    Options
    Stay away from any and all beer. NO juices either. I drink vodka and diet coke. If you mix anything with pop, make sure it's DIET. Stay away from shots too.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    BEER! BEER BEER!!!! And lots of it!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Oh, wait... I forgot I was responding to an MFP post...... let me try again.............

water, lots and lots of water.................:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • alexlove31
    alexlove31 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A glass of red wine. 5 oz is typically 100 cals. And you get a really sexy buzz from it so you'll be feeling yourself and your new bod without feeling guilty! lol
  • Sirchunx
    Sirchunx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you are going to drink, your going to have to sacrifice calories one way or another. I personally prefer just straight whiskey if I drink out with the boys as it gets to the point of drinking and I only really have to add up the calories and do some extra running to make up for it the following day. Hard alcohol has no real carbs or other things to factor in. Michelob ultra is pretty good if you are going for a beer, it isn't a great taste but its on par with most American light beers in flavor with fewer calories and carbs and decent alcohol content.

Other people i know go for Vodka with either club/seltzer/tonic with either a lot of lime or lemon. I can't stand vodka personally but they seem to enjoy it. other options are Rum and Diet, jack and Diet etc... But i prefer to stay away from diet sodas.

I hope you have a good party!!!
  • nph1960
    nph1960 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Have a plain seltzer with lime every-other drink. It will feel like you are part of the party, but without the damage to your calorie count (or your head the next morning).
  • mpaoce
    mpaoce Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions above and remember that when everyone is smashed, you'll be able to slip in a water or a plain diet soda without anyone noticing. No one will know it's just diet soda and is missing the alcohol!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I second the vodka and club soda (no cals) and light beer is pretty good, also tequila in club sida with a lime is like a light marg. Michelob ultra is one of the more common lowest cal one, then Miller light, I think bud light and coors light are about the same.
    Have fun!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Water? LOL! If your friends are like my friends, that is sooooo not happening. I opt to drink vodka and club soda with lime. Just don't drink too many. :P

club soda and vodka is the way to go. No need to put diet in front of it. Only calories are from the shot of vodka. You should look up how many calories are in a shot of vodka and maybe one other drink to help make the decision. I used to drink a lot when I went out about 5 drinks and now I only have one Vodka and soda and maybe one low cal beer if they have it, that is all. Not always easy when everyone else is having a good time but, I would rather be sober and slim than drunk and over calories lol Good luck
  • healthygirltx
    healthygirltx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually have white wine spritzers or michelob ultra. Drink a lot of water that day before you go.
  • twink44
    twink44 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Jose Cuervo has a new low-calorie margarita (AKA The Skinny Girl Margarita). I haven't tried it, but my guess is it's lime, a splash of orange extract and a wee bit of splenda shaken with Tequila. A friend of mine always orders Mojitos with splenda. Then of course there is always a very dry vodka martini with olives for nourishment.:laugh:
  • EmmaDillinger
    Options
    HAHAHAHA I know I need to steer clear of the Beer! It doesn't help she's having a keg on the bus :-( thanks for all your help
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    Jose Cuervo has a new low-calorie margarita (AKA The Skinny Girl Margarita). I haven't tried it, but my guess is it's lime, a splash of orange extract and a wee bit of splenda shaken with Tequila. A friend of mine always orders Mojitos with splenda. Then of course there is always a very dry vodka martini with olives for nourishment.:laugh:

I've had the Skinny Girl, they're pretty good. Sweetned with agave I believe.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic is pretty low in calories.

yup! But the bar may not have diet tonic. You'll need to make sure. I drink this a lot. I also like vodka with diet ginger ale. And some dry red wines are not too bad.
  • shaunbutler
    shaunbutler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Coors light is 110 calories for each can. Mix any rum or vodka with a diet sode and you are all in for only 60 calories each. Adjust your meal plan to accomidate how much you want to drink.

STAY AWAY FROM THE DRUNK FOOD! That jack in the box taco on the way home. Dont do it!