Is it supposed to be this hard?

Options
So I got on the scale today after a week of being SO GOOD and I was up 1 kg!!!!! :noway: UGHHHHH!!!!! My only problem is that maybe I don't eat enough but I mean that won't make you GAIN weight. I am so so so uber frustrated because, while I know this is supposed to take time, I need to get as much weight off in the next 5 weeks as possible! I am just SO upset... :sad:

Replies

• msblondy16
    Options
    So I got on the scale today after a week of being SO GOOD and I was up 1 kg!!!!! :noway: UGHHHHH!!!!! My only problem is that maybe I don't eat enough but I mean that won't make you GAIN weight. I am so so so uber frustrated because, while I know this is supposed to take time, I need to get as much weight off in the next 5 weeks as possible! I am just SO upset... :sad:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Actually not eating enough can make you gain weight.

Your body will think it's starving and hang onto everything.

I am sure some people will show you the link for that info.

Try eating all the calories you're supposed to everyday this week.
  • bbright53
    Options
    Wow Raincloud! your new pic is awsome!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it. Its hardest at the beginning... try to use all your calories and work out every day and I promise you'll see results!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Wow Raincloud! your new pic is awsome!

Thanks! In my profile I have 2 old pics (60 lbs ago) and the pink is from a wedding I went to on Sunday where I celebrated 60lbs lost! I had to model side and front, hehe. I haven't been this weight since Jan. 03.
  • thisisamyo
    thisisamyo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It could just be water weight.
    And it depends on the time of day that you are weighing yourself as well.
    If I weigh in when I wake up I am much more encouraged then when I weigh in at night.

And yes, make sure you ARE eating. What I found most helpful (esp in speeding up my metabolism) was eating around 4 lower cal meals a day and having fruits and veggies as snacks when I knew I still needed to add some more calories into my diet.

But like I said, it could be water weight and the time of day.
    Hang in there, results will come!

50023.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If you drink diet soda cut it out or cut down to maybe one or two a week and I promise you'll see a drop in weight. Also as others have said you need to make sure you get all your cals in or your weight isn't going anywhere!
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    The weight will be off in 5 weeks for sure. Screw the scale. You're probably losing fat but gaining muscle mass. Which weighs more. The scale is the devil stay away from it if it discourages you. Just know that your feeling a lot better.
  • thisisamyo
    thisisamyo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat, does it?
    I mean, a lb of muscle is the same as a lb of fat...it's just more dense.

Just like a lb of cotton would take up a lot of room, a lb of steel would be much smaller in appearance.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    By volume, muscle weighs more, if you had a cup of muscle, and a cup of fat, the muscle would weigh more.

So, yes, technically if you lost 10 lbs of fat, and gained 10 pounds of muscle, you'd weigh the same, but you'd still be smaller with that 10 lbs of muscle, because it's less volume.
  • vcdonnelly
    Options
    You're doing great!

Keep your eyes on the prize - if its not hard its not worth it!

Not only can you do it, you ARE doing it!
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    This might just be water weight. I remember I weighed myself once and gained 4lbs because of it. :grumble:
  • bricker06
    Options
    Always remember "anything worth having is worth working for" And yes it is always hard. However when you do start to see results it doesnt seem as hard. Keep at it things will start to turn around.