Help with my homework!!

Options
cat3nv
cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
So we finally finished watching Godfather 1 & 2. My home work assignment is to review #2 and whether it is the best sequel ever. Ever?? I have seen Star wars 2 or is it 5?..... As well as LOTR #2 and Back to the Future #2. I need help!! For those who have seen more sequels than I have please comment and tell me your opinion. Thanks!!!!

Replies

• rafor
    rafor Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just compare it to The Matrix 2 and you will be golden!! :-D
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The second Star Trek movie, "The Wrath of Khan" was MUCH better than the first Star Trek movie, which wasn't very good. Not sure I'd consider it "the best sequel ever", though.

I haven't seen any of the Godfather movies so can't help there but, personally, I think anything called "the best ever" is a subjective label. What I think is the best movie ever is probably much different than your opinion.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    3 Ninjas - Kick Back
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    To me, a great sequel has to have a great first part. So that knocks The Wrath of Khan out of the running (although it is a great movie).

I think Empire Strikes Back and Godfather II are largely considered the greatest sequel movies of all time. I know that Bryan Singer said of the second X-Men movie something to the extent of: "I basically took the script of Empire Strikes Back and applied it to X-Men."
    -wtk
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Not sure if any of y'all will see this, but....... Thanks fo the comments. My review had to be a minimum of 500 words. This is what I wrote for the last paragraph of my paper.

Is Godfather 2 the best sequel ever? I have not seen a lot of quality sequels. I am not
    sure if this is because I have not seen enough movies, or because sequels in general are not as
    good as the original. I do think this was a great sequel. It gave the audience a great story as
    well as background information to understand why the family is the way it is. I will say Godfather
    two is the best sequel I have ever seen.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I don't really consider LOTR to be a sequel, so I would have to say the Godfather ll is the best sequel ever.

Some other good ones:

Empire Strikes Back

MadMax 2: The Road Warrior (Only because I named my son Max becaise of this movie)

Silence of the Lambs, which some say is the sequel to Manhunter because there are several of the same characters in both movies.