OPERATION: Skinny B*tch (5/13-8/13) WEEK 11

Options
HELLO SKINNY B*TCHES! I apologize for not posting a week 10, feel free to share last weeks success here as well!

Current Weight (7/22): 155.0
Weight lost since last week: +.8lbs :( TOM though.
Calories burned since last week: 354 tracked (I've done more than that, but didn't enter it here so I'm not sure)
Nutrition goal met?? nope
How many miles did you travel this past week: not enough!

NEW GOALS for the week of 7/22 through 7/29:
Calorie burn goal: 8000
Weight loss goal: 6lbs.
Nutrition goal: stay between 1200 and 1500 consumed, then eat 1/3 to 1/2 of exercise calories. drink 12 glasses of water a day. And take my supplements EVERY DAY!

The ever elusive 140s. Here I COME! I have 8 days until my first 5k ever. I am afraid I will not be as ready as I was hoping to be, but it should encourage me to keep on the fitness wagon. I keep setting myself up for failure, I fear, so here is to holding myself accountable so I can reach my goals.

I want to hear about everyone's usual workout routine!!! I have decided to make a calendar with all my workout on it and post it on my door having to cross off when I finish, and not treat myself if I have not completed my workout(s) for the day. I was going so strong for awhile and I'm not sure what happened to me!!!!

Replies

• vwfrog
    vwfrog Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll do great on your 5k! There will be some people there that run races all the time, and some, like you, running for the first time. The only thing that matters is that you are there to run it. :) If you get nervous or discouraged while training/during the 5k, just look out to the horizon and think 'hey, i'm running a 5k!'.

I began marathoning b/c, well, I have legs. I made it back from Iraq in Nov'05, but several friends (and many many other Soldiers) did not make it back, or, came home, but maimed. So, I ran b/c I could.

No matter how much we are disgusted by our 'fat', whether it is on our 'legs', bellies, booties, whatever, we still have our bodies, so celebrate! Run that 5k!.. and blog all about it after you cross the finish line!

~vw
  • vwfrog
    vwfrog Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I challenge you to post a race pic !
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh getting me all emotional!!! My ex-fiance made it back from Iraq physically in-tact but mentally he was a wreck. It makes you think how lucky you really are in the world. I am glad you made it home safely, and I thank you for our service to our country... and thank you for the motivation to keep me going!! :flowerforyou:
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'll post my results later today or tomorrow!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your upcoming 5K. I'm sure you're do well! It's good to hear some good news.

Current Weight (7/22): 258.2
    Weight lost since last week: 1.6 lbs
    Calories burned since last week: 0
    Nutrition goal met?? NO. I 've eaten badly the last two weeks
    How many miles did you travel this past week: 0 miles

NEW GOALS for the week of 7/22 through 7/28:
    Calorie burn goal: 3,000
    Weight loss goal: 2 lb
    Nutrition goal: To be under my calorie goal with the exercise calories

WEEKLY CHALLENGE!!!

I will travel a total of 30 (15 walking & 15 bike) miles.

My Thoughts: I've just gotten back home from being in Chicago for the third time in one month. My Mom has been very sick and passed away on 7/12/11. The funeral was on 7/18/11. It's a very sad time for me now but I know she's at a better place. I'm going to ease back into eating well and exercising.
  • barbara1982
    Options
    My Thoughts: I've just gotten back home from being in Chicago for the third time in one month. My Mom has been very sick and passed away on 7/12/11. The funeral was on 7/18/11. It's a very sad time for me now but I know she's at a better place. I'm going to ease back into eating well and exercising.

I am so sorry for you! May she rest in peace!
  • barbara1982
    Options
    HELLO Everyone!

Current Weight (7/22): 131.8
    Weight lost since last week: 0.7lbs
    Calories burned since last week:1753
    Nutrition goal met?? in 5 out of 7 days i was under my nutrition goal
    How many miles did you travel this past week: not enough!

Calorie burn goal: 2000
    Weight loss goal: 2lbs
    Nutrition goal: I was already over my limits yesterday, plan to be within limits the rest of the week, drink about 80oz every day!

Some weeks ago I've started to participate in a weekly challange (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/298593-challenge-group-new-members-welcome-7-25-7-31). This week we are doing squats. So my plan is to do at least 50 squats and 100 jumping jacks every day and push-ups and sit-ups every other day! I haven't been to the gym for more than 3 weeks. Plan to go there at least twice this week. If the weather allows I'd love to go on a bike tour on Sunday.

Less than 3 weeks until the end of our challenge and my birthday! So I hope I can lose some more lbs until than. Would love to be down to 55 kg/121 lbs by then, but I think that's not possible. But I'll try my best!

So good luck for everyone! Have a nice week!
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Current Weight (7/22): 132.5
    Weight lost since last week: 0.5lbs
    Calories burned since last week: 706... probably slightly more considering I was at the hospital four days in a row constantly on my feet, running around everywhere!
    Nutrition goal met?? HA!! No.
    How many miles did you travel this past week: Pfft... totally not enough!

Calorie burn goal: 2500
    Weight loss goal: 1-2lbs
    Nutrition goal: More water, more protein, and keeping my fat/sodium/sugar in check! I've been going over. D:

Well, my original goal of being down to 125lbs by July 30th didn't work... I'm so close, it hurts, but I know I can't lose 7lbs before Saturday! If I can just inch off two pounds... I'll be very very satisfied, but if not? Oh well. I still have plenty of time overall to get myself where I want to be!
  • barbara1982
    Options
    Hey everyone!

This week will be our last week! So I wish all of you good luck that you may reach your goal! How are you doing right now? Are you close to your goals?

Barbara