"Mocha Frappes"

Options
AZDee
AZDee Posts: 129 Member
I run two Starbucks and I would never drink a one of theirs, but I do make these for myself,
Take a envelope of a no sugar added hot cocoa mix (50 calories) ice, and a package of Starbucks Via instant coffee, a splash of either water, milk or a dariy creamer (add enough liquid to make it mix) blend and there you go....Only 50 plus calories depending on what liquid you blend with!

Replies

• xcbballuver
    xcbballuver Posts: 186
    Options
    hmm i willl def have to try this out
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! TY!!! I, and my DIL LOVE those drinks and thought we could never have them again! tytytytytytytytyty!
  • ablondie76
    Options
    This sounds really good! Thanks for the advice!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Cool, Just what I need..... Ever since I tried a McDonalds Frappe last week while on vacation in Vegas, I have
    to admit I am hooked now :( May have to try this idea, How much coffee do you use? How how much liquid?
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AZDee
    Options
    The VIA instant coffee comes in little packs, it's very strong, that's why it works so well, you can buy these at Costco or many stores have them as well as Starbucks too...
  • beaches20004
    Options
    About time. I love the McDonalds ones and they are like 750 calories eeeeekk
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have an iced coffee obsession! Trying to stay away since they pack on the lbs.! Thanks!
  • twiggy_34
    twiggy_34 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Off on a bit of a tangent, but my other half loves iced mocha's, and I recently found this suggestions for Mocha Ice Pops - I'm waiting for my new moulds to arrive though before we can try it, but it should be right up his street and low in cals too!

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mocha_ice_pops.html
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Ok well I bought some stuff like what was suggested and used 1/2 cup 2% Milk and a Ice and mine didn't taste very
    flavor full. What did I do wrong, any suggestions to make it taste more tasty? I didn't use whip cream or drizzle sauce either.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Bump
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AZDee
    Options
    Use one package of the via and one envelope of the no sugar added hot choco mix, about a cup of ice and just enough liguid,to make it smooth, I like to use a splash of a coffee creamer maybe even a vanillia flavored one,...If it's not favorful enough for you just add more choco mix, but do use the via rather than another instant coffee since the starbucks one is much stonger and will give it the coffee taste...non dariy whipped topping in a can is not very high in calories so you can top it with that too...
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump!!