Replies

• jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You are so sweet!
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    I'm glad some men appreciate them for what they are....I love my kids and wouldn't give them back even to get rid of the ring road my tummy has become since having them (one 9lb 3oz baby and im only 5ft 2!!!)....I can't say i love them but they are part of me which i have to accept as unlike the weight I can't do anything about them :) Thanks for the kind words....they made me smile :)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I think stretch marks are not bad. I think you notice them youself wwaaayyyyyy more than anyone else at the pool/river/beach notices them. They are a part of you, why be ashamed of a part of you?
    I think saggy breasts are the same. It freaks me out when women say they want the "mommy job" after they are done having kids (breast enlargement and tummy tuck). This sets up other people for unrealistic expectations of what a woman's body should look like, especially after having kids, losing weight, or aging. This just perpetuates the cycle. Why not simply say, "This is my body after going through X, Y, or Z." and be done with it.

To the pp who has stretch marks from growing too fast.... YOU didn't do anything to make yourself grow to your height so quickly, so why be ashamed of them? I wouldn't be. Why hold yourself back from enjoying life more? Be free. Wear shorts and tanks and screw what the rest of the world thinks. They probably don't care.
  • sherrik10
    sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ed. I used to be really embarassed about my stretch marks (I have them on my thighs) but when I see my son and my two beautiful granddaughters I am so proud of them!
  • MissBellatrix116
    MissBellatrix116 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow, I needed that today. Thanks.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    That was a sweet thing to say,,,but I still hate mine! I would feel the same if I had acne scars or surgery scars and don't get me started on the gray hair, crows feet and age spots. I know I am shallow in that respect, and I am okay with that. :smile:
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had a full hysterectomy 14 years ago (I had uteran cancer) and I have this huge scare that goes from the bottom of my belly button to the pubic bone. At first I thought of it as this ugly scar that I will always have to keep covered. Also it reminded me that I would never be able to have children. (Big issue with me) Shortly after my last radiation treament, I had made a comment to my husband about how everytime I see it, I see failure and that I'm broken. But my husband told me that when HE see's it, he sees life, courage and strength. He said that is MY battle scar and that I beat cancer. (Gotta love him!) I had never thought of it that way, but he is SO right. So those of you out there who are selfconscious about your scars, wear them with pride. It makes you who you are today. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    You are all gorgeous my sexy darlins!
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I had a full hysterectomy 14 years ago (I had uteran cancer) and I have this huge scare that goes from the bottom of my belly button to the pubic bone. At first I thought of it as this ugly scar that I will always have to keep covered. Also it reminded me that I would never be able to have children. (Big issue with me) Shortly after my last radiation treament, I had made a comment to my husband about how everytime I see it, I see failure and that I'm broken. But my husband told me that when HE see's it, he sees life, courage and strength. He said that is MY battle scar and that I beat cancer. (Gotta love him!) I had never thought of it that way, but he is SO right. So those of you out there who are selfconscious about your scars, wear them with pride. It makes you who you are today. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I also have a hysto scar - mine is a C-cut that I have had a hard time with. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I have 3 scars from gyn surgeries, so it looks like my belly is smiling with 3 chins. My husband sees it my badge of honor against cancer and endometriosis. (((((hugs to you)))))
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

I also have a hysto scar - mine is a C-cut that I have had a hard time with. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I have 3 scars from gyn surgeries, so it looks like my belly is smiling with 3 chins. My husband sees it my badge of honor against cancer and endometriosis. (((((hugs to you)))))

SO glad that we were able to beat that monster! :D Girl Power!!! Hugs to you as well. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: