Frustrated after my doctor visit

Options
13»

Replies

• zundelag
    zundelag Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am vitamin D deficient but that is because I am overweight.

I hate to contradict a Dr. but that's not right. I'm well within a "healthy" weight range and I am vitamin D deficient and Iron deficient and have been so since my last child was born. I probably will be for the rest of my life. Sometimes people are just "lucky" that way. Once you start taking vit D supplements, your foggy feeling and poor sleeping should get better.

There are many reasons out there why you are having a hard time loosing weight. Some of it may be environmental and some may be your health. If your Dr. isn't willing to help you out, except to say "loose weight" it might be time to find someone else. Try some of the suggestions here also.

Good luck in your journey, we're all here for you.
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    I have PCOS and I suspect the same thing. Maybe you should get a referral to see an endocrinologist.
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Your list of problems...tired, foggy head, swelling, etc sound like mine when my iron is low. I have problems with saturation levels, ferretin levels, blood cell size, etc. The list goes on and on.

Good news is that if you are anemic and get it treated you will feel better. Bad news is that it has not helped me lose weight.

I do agree that you might not be eating enough. Add 200 extra cals per week for a week or 2 and see how it goes. And regular exercise is good for us whether we lose weight from it or not. Even 3x per week for 1/2 hour at a time.

Good luck!
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    For your fluid retention drink lots of water, cranberry juice and fresh juices with lots of celery in it
    .if you are eating 100% spot on and excerising I prob think there may b a medical problem as well. Maybe try for a week of doing the program 100% by eating 1200cal and your excerise cal back, higher protein and drink lots of water,
    Also i would suggest getting a deep tissue massage to move some of those toxins in your body you'll b amazed at how much that Can effect you weight loss. Wish you luck =)
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    the corisal test you wanted does take hours to do. i had it done. you are injected with a dye and than you have to sit for a hour or so, than it's removed and take another test, than re inject the dye and take another test. if i remember correctly it took about 5 hours to do.
    metformin is also a diabetic med. it does help both PCOS and will help your blood sugars. ( i am diabetic and my A1C isn't over 6). i have to watch my carbs in my diet. carbs have sugar. so i follow low carb, increased some protein.
    i also agree with the low calorie count. do as the other poster said just add back a little at a time to see where you are comfortable at.
    it's all trial and error. you will always be changing thing up as your body changes.

good luck to you.
  • courtneyjoella
    Options
    I see a common thread in a lot of your posts (THANKS EVERYBODY By the way!). Most of the time I see low-carb diet suggestions in your posts. I agree this is the best way to lose weight and I have lost weight using this method before. Then, two years ago my doctor asked me to discontinue this because I was in constant ketosis and it was very hard on my liver and kidneys. Now I try to do a milder version of this. Even with tons of water the high protein was becoming difficult for my body to process. I'm going back in that direction again, but treading softly.