Stevia

Options
Tell me about it. I have never tried it. How does it compare to other sweeteners?

Replies

• peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It's all natural. Get the drops, because it is unprocessed. It doesn't measure like sugar, but I'm sure you will find your balance, and I'm sure there are recipes online for using stevia. Try it. What do you have to lose, other that weight?
  • britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love it! It doesn't add any sugar to your daily count or calories. I use it in my steel cut oats. Don't eat it plan, yuck! I tried that just to see what it tasted like...it wasn't pleasant :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I like it on fruit, doesnt have the aftertaste of other sweetners
  • bikerb422
    bikerb422 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use Stevia everyday. It comes from the Stevia plant. I cannot be sure that the drops are not processed or not as it is from a plant and not a liquid. I know the pure stevia powder that I use is derived from the plant and water. That is all. I use the KAL brand as it is the only one I have found that does not have an aftertaste. I buy it from my health store but you can find it online also. A very small amount goes a long way. I do not use Truvia, it has other chemicals included in it. Fillers mostly.
  • britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I do not use Truvia, it has other chemicals included in it. Fillers mostly.

Eek! As I sit here...eating my bfast....with the truvia I just put in it. I looked at the packet. O.M.G. YOU are right. Of course when I read that I thought....no way. I've looked at every other label except this one...oops :)